Thread: The Overrated List

Deleted user

Lol! yeah, that was on an NZ show when he was here. And he tries to make up that he couldn't 'understand' our New Zealand accent, even though the interviewer showed him the WORD German on that card! Man, what an idiot… XD

It was funny though

I find the Gears of War series to be very over-rated, sure it's an ok game, but its not the super brilliant awesome game that everyone keeps saying it is, I played through 1 & 2 and was bored off my face by the end of it. Its the same damn thing throughout the entire game.

Everyone in Australia hates JB!

Deleted user
I find the Gears of War series to be very over-rated, sure it's an ok game, but its not the super brilliant awesome game that everyone keeps saying it is, I played through 1 & 2 and was bored off my face by the end of it. Its the same damn thing throughout the entire game.

You could probably say the same thing with the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series too. Every version is basically the same thing except with different song tracks that have either more or less on the list. Also, those music games are pretty overrated overall. It might be underplayed for now, but it was huge when during its time.

Also, I forgot one thing that's pretty overrated… CHUCK NORRIS!

Deleted user

Also, I forgot one thing that's pretty overrated… CHUCK NORRIS!

Careful now, we all know what he's like when it comes to stuff, lol emoji

True true.

But at least he has variety of ways to come out of nowhere unlike "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astely. emoji

Deleted user

Hold on… is TWILIGHT in the list?! That's one of the most overrated things of all! Though there is a lot who hate it as well… but still, lots like that… series O_o

Deleted user
Hold on… is TWILIGHT in the list?! That's one of the most overrated things of all! Though there is a lot who hate it as well… but still, lots like that… series O_o

LoL

The Twilight Saga has already been mentioned.

Deleted user

Lol ok, thank goodness XD (both the movies and stories then?)

Deleted user
Lol ok, thank goodness XD (both the movies and stories then?)

Whether it is the book s or the films, the Twilight Saga will always remain to be overly overrated.

Here's what the list looks like now…

- Lady Gaga
- Glee
- Final Fantasy 7
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Halo
- Anime (in general)
- the Kingdom Hearts series
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Seth Macfarlane
- Mainstream Pop Stars
- the Grand Theft Auto series
- Call of Duty series
- The Nintendo DS
- Team Fortress 2
- Assassin's Creed 2
- I-Phones
- I-Pods
- Xbox 360
- the Twilight Saga
- Pokemon
- Bleach
- Naruto
- Dragonball Z
- Inuyasha
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Bayonetta
- Wii
- Sonic the Hedgehog series
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Superbad
- Ben 10
- SpongeBob Sqaurepants
- The Watchmen
- Justin Beiber
- PS2 (shown in a positive way, not in a negative way)
- Guitar Hero
- Rock Band
- Gears of War series
- Chuck Norris (I'm still putting that there anyways)
- "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astely

I sometimes think James Bond is over rated, it's meant to be a spy thing right? and you pay money to read a spy book or watch a spy film, but you get some un-necessary romantic stuff (to put it politely) instead of the tuxedos and the gadgets and so on, which it still has a lot of but 007 is famous for the, well, you know, (I don't know what the general age range for this site is, so I won't be too specific), but the point is, there is not enough secret agent-ey stuff in it, and there should be, 007 is over rated.

(it's that reason that Secret agent Clank was so enjoyable too, they focused more on spying emoji )

Oh, gawd, Twilight….

lol No wonder I can never really watch the James Bond films. The games are actually better to me XP

Deleted user

I suppose I don't mind the James Bond movies (but I dont usually anyway), but yeah… as they say "Sex sells" :-/ lol
The actual action, fighting and explosive scenes are pretty cool though.

And Twilight… ugh, people at work are going on about the next movie. I just can't see what's so great about it emoji

Deleted user

I'm surprised that I absolutely forgot to mention some other things that are overrated. They might not be too popular now, but they were before.

Let's start with…

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - When this game came out, everyone was talking about it, mentioning how awesome this game was. I can understand that there's a lot of variety and modes that makes the game appealing and of course, I was one of those people who were amazed by Brawl. Although when you played it for a long time, it kind of loses it fun because it's just like the other Super Smash Bros game in previous Nintendo consoles, but with more things, pretty visuals and you use a Wii controller (although you can use other controller types like the Gamecube controller to play this game, but if you don't have one, you have to stick to the Wii remote).

the Lord of the Rings trilogy movies - It looks stunning, epic and filled with cool characters, but I find the movies wayyyy too long. Sure the producers and directors of the films were doing their best to fit as much story as they can to make a trilogy out of this series, but long movies certainly aren't my cup of tea.

Nirvana - I hope I don't get any glares from anyone, but I find them overrated. I understand the lead singer Kurt Cobain was a legend in grudge rock in the early 90's and his death shocked so many of his fans, but I feel like Nirvana's music feels more like a trend than an inspirational band. Unless if you have grew up listening to this band, in my opinion, that would be more consider as inspirational rather than being a follower, like some of the fans are… or were.

Johnny Depp - I think he's a good actor, but I think people (such as many fan girls) are too crazy with his appearances in films or anything in general, especially in the Pirates of the Caribbean films or anything directed by Tim Burton, which by the way Pirates and Tim Burton are pretty overrated too. emoji

I know one that is overrated.

the "It's over nine thousand" joke and "that's mama luigi" joke

It's been use way too much.