Thread: Mikey or James?

Just say who's your favorite Ratchet voice.
Mikey Kelley voiced Ratchet in the first game, while James Arnold Taylor has voiced every Ratchet since Going Commando.
My pick would be Mikey Kelley, I just think he's got more personality to him.

James Arnold Taylor DUH, He is Ratchet as far as I'm concerned, I think they should have rerecorded the dialog for the first game and replaced mikes voice with James in the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection

also interesting fact the computer in the starship phoenix in full frontal assault, was voiced by Mike Kelley

Mikey Kelley voiced Ratchet in the first game, while James Arnold Taylor has voiced every Fatchet since Going Commando.

Well i have no idea who you're talking of, i don't know anyone who's called "Fatchet".. emoji

You are allowed to punch me for that.

Deleted user

I prefer James' voice now because he can pull off the, "humble hero" trait Insomniac's given Ratchet in the Future games. I did like Mikey in the first game, though. He pulled off the role of a stubborn teenager perfectly.

IMO, i choose James.

As Toasty said, Mike and James voiced two different Ratchets (but if I have to choose I'll pick James). Thought that leads me to a question - will Ratchet be a selfish annoying teenager again in the movie?

Their voices are alike, but their voicing is not. James A. Taylor for me.

Mikey Kelley voiced Ratchet in the first game, while James Arnold Taylor has voiced every Fatchet since Going Commando.

Well i have no idea who you're talking of, i don't know anyone who's called "Fatchet".. emoji

You are allowed to punch me for that.

Say it out loud…

My choice is JAT. He's just Ratchet how we've come to know him.

I agree with Darkstar, I think Mikey brought more emotion and personality to the character, I dont think his voice would have worked as well for the character in the Future series though, just because of the way Ratchet was written in those games

This is exactly like asking what turtle did you like best in 2007 TMNT, Leonardo or Michelangelo?