Thread: Sly Cooper Thread

I think I'm starting to remember more about Thieves in Time… and I'm thinking it could be a good buy if it finds it's way into a Weekly deal or something.

I'm still very cautious about PS+ as I don't like the idea of having so many digital games that I can just up and loose when I'm no longer apart of subscription service. The service will not be around forever. And nothings stopping them from putting out a bunch of really bad games (or at least bad to me) in a few years, to make me continue paying to simply keep my existing games.

On the other hand, I keep seeing these games rolling in and out of PS+ that I am or would pay money for individually. (and yes, this all has everything to do with Thieves in Time)

Thieves in time is a great game. But it wasn't the Sly game we needed.

My favorite voice for Camelita is Aleshia Glidewell. More or less because she's also the voice of Krystal in StarFox.

Deleted user

I've played them their awesome i enjoy taking stuff from the guards and then beating them affter i do it its funny thats what makes sly cooper games great because their fun

Is it true that part of the second Sly game takes place in Prague or is it just me?

The Contessa level? Yea, that's Prague.

Can someone join me in the blid, childish, fanboy'ish and hypocritical rage over the fact that Peter McConnell is not the composer for the Sly movie?

Nope ^^

I'm okay with new composers. Movie and game music are 2 completely different things.

Please, don't overact, Kubak. Calm down, the new soundtracks may be good.

Unless a game composer makes a bunch of memorable themes that stick with the series and it's characters for many years and is fully capable of making a great movie score (McConnel's proven that with TiT's score, which also was the only really good thing about the game)… To me, it's like they didn't ask John Williams to compose for a new Star Wars film. Maybe I would've been more open-minded if they asked, say, Michael Giacchino to compose for the movie, but the thing is, Evan Wise hasn't done ANY released movie score yet and all of his work I've found is pretty… Bland. Like the Sly Movie trailer music done by him. If that's how the movie's gonna sound, then… There's really nothing in this movie that I'm loking forward to as a fan.

NOTE: I don't say the movie's gonna be bad, it's just that it's not really Sly Cooper anymore. I hope it does well at being it's own thing, but that won't change my disappointment about the fact that the Sly movie is not really… Well, a Sly movie.

Alright, I understand. But, please don't start an internet war by ranting around and insulting Evan Wise (though that is not likely going to happen).

I'm not going to insult anyone, I also am aware of the fact that Evan Wise dindn't really have a chance to unleash his full potential, but… Peter McConnell's music IS the sound of Sly. I'm angry mostly because I hoped for that one, tiny, little element of the "real" Sly in the movie. With the characters changing so much, the artstyle changing so much, the series' lore changing so much, the overall feeling changing so much… I hoped that at least the music will make me feel somewhat nostalgic.

Okay, so you are disappointed because the movie doesn't feel like Sly anymore. Who knows, maybe the movie turned out to be good. If it doesn't, you still have the PS discs, right?

Btw, this reminds me of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It lost some of the Ace Combat atmosphere… especially the cliché-ish Western Bloc and "Good Russians" vs "Bad Russians" plot.

When they give him the right guidelines, no harm is done. It'll be different, yeah. But mostly because it's a movie soundtrack, which will be more ''moving'' than a game OST. emoji

maybe the movie turned out to be good.

I don't say it won't.

But mostly because it's a movie soundtrack, which will be more ''moving'' than a game OST.

We don't know if it will be more 'moving' or not :P It's 'movingness' depends on composer's skills, not just the fact that it's a movie score. Besides, I think the music that played during the encounter beetween Bentley and Penelope in TiT (as much as I hate this plot twist), especially the string part, was very fitting, yet subtle 'moving' track.

We don't know if it will be more 'moving' or not :P

Point.

But by moving I mean the score reacts to what happens on the screen and expands on that. In games though, certain music ques can be assigned, but one will never be as varried as a movie. Because the player is always moving, a movie is always the same.