Thread: The Plumber - Cranky or Jolly?

Deleted user

Which version of The Plumber do you like best?

Do you prefer the Cranky Plumber that appeared in the R&C trilogy for the PS2 or the Happy Jolly Plumber that appeared in the Future Saga?

I think both versions of the Plumbers are great with so much fun and charm to them, but I slightly like the version from the PS2 games a little bit more. Not by a long shot though, but pretty close to tie with the version in the Future games.

I thought The Plumber in the PS2 titles was a bit more comical and fun with his slight tough attitude of his. I also thought that he was the most memorable version because something about him looks very familiar and a little nostalgia to me… like I saw his look and style somewhere before. Also, Neil Flynn did a great job in giving the Plumber (used to be known as the Water Worker in PS2 Ratchet games) an entertaining tone and voice to the character.

Now the Plumber in the Future Saga isn't bad either. At first, I wasn't too fond by his Jolly manner, but there was something in him that felt like the Cranky Plumber in the previous titles. I guess his funny lines and jumping in toilets is what made me still like the Plumber, even in his Next Gen. style. Also, I think Jess Harnell did a great performance in playing as the Plumber in the Future games.

Deleted user

Hmm it's very hard for me to pick, since I think both are awesome emoji but yeah, I think I might like the future one a bit more, since he's like… a guardian angel or something XD (my bro calls him the God of the R&C series, LOL!) since he helped Ratchet and Clank very much in the Future series.

But yeah he is awesome though, and I always thought his cameos and references were funny. I like both, overall.

i like both of them, but I like the one in the future series since he was a bit more funnier then the other one, but that's my opinion.

Deleted user

Well, I guess the Plumber in the Future games had a more charming appearance and tone to his character, while the one in the PS2 titles was a bit more cruder in design with a tough attitude to him. Which makes me believe why people like the Plumber in TOD and ACIT a lot more than in the PS2 trilogy.

And after all, the Future Plumber was more into the plot of the story, while the original Plumber was kind of into the plot, but was more into any extra moments such as the Sewer Crystals in Up Your Arsenal or the Qwark action figure stuck in a pipe in Going Commando.

Yeah,you're right about that.

Anyway,I think the Jolly Plumber is better and funnier because he did help Ratchet and Clank a lot in the Future series while the Cranky Plumber in GC and UYA only gave Ratchet and Clank an optional mission or an optional item to trade for another optional(but useful)item. :oui:

Although the Cranky Plumber was still cool in many ways. emoji

Deleted user
Hmm it's very hard for me to pick, since I think both are awesome emoji but yeah, I think I might like the future one a bit more, since he's like… a guardian angel or something XD (my bro calls him the God of the R&C series, LOL!) since he helped Ratchet and Clank very much in the Future series.

Anyway,I think the Jolly Plumber is better and funnier because he did help Ratchet and Clank a lot in the Future series while the Cranky Plumber in GC and UYA only gave Ratchet and Clank an optional mission or an optional item to trade for another optional(but useful)item. :oui:

Well there you have it folks. The Plumber has now officially became Ratchet and Clank's Guardian Spirit! emoji

I also prefer the Jolly Plumber, but the Cranky Plumber reminds me of The Janitor from Scrubs, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Either way, as long as he continues to help the duo in unexpected ways and breaks the fourth-wall as much as he does, I'm happy.

Deleted user

the cranky one is more funny,

the angel god one is a psychic.

"don't mean watcher lookin for aint there."

"I wouldnt risk any more than 6 minutes!"

PSYCHIC.

I like the godlyness plumber.anyone notice his hair change in CiT? I also thought the mario bros. gag was hilarious.

"WHAT? plumbers dont go jumping down pipes all willy-nilly!That'd be just WRONG!"

roflmfao

I like the jolly plumber in the Future series because he gives Ratchet and Clank help and advice.
In ToD, he said that a device that could vaporize the cragmites didn't exist, but that didn't mean that what you're looking for isn't there. He also gave them a 3 3/4 centicubit hexagonal washer, which later turned out to be the part that the dimensionator was missing after Tachyon abused it.

In A Crack in Time, he said "I wouldn't risk any more than six minutes."

And Clank uses that advice to save Ratchet's life.