Thread: R&C Fan-Fiction Thread

And they get more page views. emoji

Hah emoji

well I originally joined FF.net to see if any fans out there would be open minded enough to give the story a chance, give me their real opinions, tips, constructive criticism… I did get a bit but not much and then a few whiny people started leaving spam so I yawned and got rid of it off there. Only had 5 of the chapters there anyway, so it wasn't much of a big deal emoji
And yeah, if someone said they couldn't even understand the first chapter, then they really must be stupid. because even some people that read it off my site ARENT even R&C fans (like my editor, she has never played a R&C game), and they can understand the story. So there is NO excuse for that kind of stupidity emoji I know the difference between a critique and blatant bashing…

"You need to improve with your grammar and try to avoid leaving spelling errors, also, some scenes get a bit repetitive, try to change the events around to get it to flow more carefully" - (Constructive Criticism)

"Uhhh…… This story makes no sense and is boring!" - (An idiot who is wasting their time)

I remember seeing it on there! but i decided to read it off your website because your fans were saying it's better there, and well, your website is better for it anyway. I like those pictures you have with each chapter emoji

also SweetT, do you have any pics of your characters? I saw a few in the fanart on this site but is there more? since I would like to know how they appear XD

Deleted user
I've already read all of Lost in Reality so far and I think it is good! though maybe not as much action as expected so far but it's still very interesting and it even has my favourite villains! (Nefarious and Vorselon) so it's great! the fancharacters are good too, and not just a bunch of random lombaxes like in other fics, lol. Vorselon is very funny in the latest chapter lol I cant wait for more chapters though emoji

I have been reading The Fallen Star though and I'm currently around Chapter 17 and it has been surprisingly good! I wasnt sure about it at first since it doesnt have ANY of my main favourite characters but it's still awesome and makes me realize how misunderstood Ace actually is!
I also really like the fight and action scenes, even the humor is pretty good! Im going to read more soon but I cant wait to see what else happens! It's almost as if this story is canon but then I have to remind myself that it's just fanon….. emoji unfortunately!
easily one of the most unique fanfics in the R&C fandom. Ace finally gets some respect lol

I wish I had time and ideas to write my own fics but I dont! I still like to read others though, I also like some others on fanfiction.net but its hard to find good stories on there, so many crappy ones with mary sues, emo out-of-character stories, yaoi, unesessary sex scenes. At least there are a few good ones from here emoji

Hey, thanks for the kind compliments and all emoji I've been a bit slow with writing lately, but I am doing the next chapter.

But this isn't the place to talk bad about other peoples fictions, ok? I know some people dislike things on FF.net (even I dont like much things there) but this is a place to discuss the fanfictions you like, not talk about ones you dislike.

Thanks.

Reminds me why I'm glad to have my own site, so I don't have to worry about issues like that emoji if you're happy with what you write, then you shouldn't have to worry about what others think, as long as you enjoy it. I knew the 'risks' before starting my fanfiction, and I knew that some will dislike it, which is fine…

But I never let the haters stop me from doing what I love. Sometimes though, criticism does help you improve, but a lot of the time it is indeed; baseless and non-constructive.
Already had lots of help from my friends though with writing, as it isn't my main strength (I am more of a drawing artist than writer)

Didn't RatchetFantasy start a thread under this name emoji

Oh well, anyway, I'm working on a fanfic on this site, it's not finished yet though and I need to get round to finishing it!

Is it just me or are there hardly any fanfics published on this site?

Deleted user

Yeah, but I decided to make a new fresh topic since he's banned and in the other topic it was hard to actually find the fanfics from authors (which is why I want to list them all in the first post…emoji

And yeah there is hardly any on this site, even I don't have mine here… but it is slowly getting a bit more active emoji

I am glad you made a new topic! and sorry for badmouthing that…. 'guy' too, I just don't like how he was attacking you and others like a flamer emoji but I wont talk about that again.

but I can see you have already posted up to Chapter 25 now, which I have read up to and I have to say I am rather surprised at the turn of events! Ace must be feeling very awkward with what's happening, but man… those two 'certain' characters are so mean! (I wont say their names in case of spoilers lol)
But I did enjoy the part where he fought against the Kerchu (that picture you did of him fighting them was cool too, but wouldnt his pants rip? lol!!!) and your explaination on why Ace was released from prison that early too. it makes so much more sense! Kurt is a great guy, looking forward to more.

Deleted user

That's ok, I appreciate the support though and I'm sure others do too emoji

And heh well yeah I finally wrote a bit more lately, but I've still been slow since I've been drawing screenshots for the chapters XD I rely quite heavily on artwork for my story, since it's the best way I can portray the scenes… (as I already admitted earlier, writing is not my strength! Drawing/animation is) but yeah thank you though. I have a lot of interesting scenes to write… emoji but from that point onwards, it does start to stray away from the games canon.

Im sorry too, I didnt realize it was against the rules

btw I read most of the chapters now and it's been a fun ride, it's almost like an anime show in some ways… was going to say movie but since it's got too many events, it's easy to imagine each chapter as an episode. The humor isnt as strong as in SweetTeaHolics story but it's still good and it suits very well for an Ace story. I was highly amused at some of the dark humor you used, like the fate of the Drophyds and other things emoji
at first when I started reading it I thought ²Oh greeat…. he's going to be all emo and out of character² but when I read through I realized that it works for him during those earlier chapters, cause of what happened to his home planet and later he started to act more like his evil self anyway, and even keeps the cocky and stubborn side when he stops being evil (like in prison). but it'll be interesting to see what else happens, now that he is out of Zordoom……… will you follow the comics too by any chance?

and thanks SweetTeaHolic, I saw your gallery and it is pretty sweet. Can finally see your characters now and some other funny pictures. nice gallery of art. cant wait for the next chapter of yours too.

If I ever get around to writing my story, I'll be happy to post it here ^__^ this topic is a great idea!

I havent actually read Taras story before but one of my friends was reading it when he found the website. I do think those pictures for it are pretty amazing though! some of the best Ive seen in the fandom, makes me wonder why you arent on deviantART! I aint an Ace fan but I dont hate him though, I am an open minded fan who likes to see new and unique things from people ^^
I like a few fanfics, I even remember liking Sandy's ones from a few years back (she also used to do a lot of nice fanart with my favorite characters!) and there was a few others I need to remember of. I dont see much about cazars these days though so I may try and do my own.

Deleted user

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for the missing posts here, but I think only the banned member had his/her posts removed, so if you're wondering why some posts arent there, then it's because of that… (I think 2 or 4 posts were deleted)

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks again LombaxSoldier. I was actually concerned about the 'emo' stuff I had to write too during some chapters but I did try my best to avoid getting too out of character but said it explained in that guide thingy, he actually was deeply saddened after it happened, until he turned nasty of course. So I do think it makes sense :P)
And also, I am WELL AWARE that not many people like Ace and do I care? Of course I dont because I ENJOY what I do. People dont have to read it if they dont want to, so it's no big deal really :- dont like it, then just ignore and avoid it, it's simple… but I am thankful for the nice feedback from open minded fans so thanks again.

And also Kitana, I remember Sandy too from a few years back, I never read her fanfics though but I always remebered her fanart, which was delightful to look at emoji But yeah, you are free to post your fanfiction work to this topic to help get it more exposure!

Because no one has done anything yet.

Ratchet and Clank: Lost in Reality
Author: SweetTeaholic
Rated: Web-14 for blood and some no-no words, but not to the extreme
Status: WiP, Seven chapters so far, already started the 2nd act or of five
Description: What happens when you are stuck with your arch-nemesis in another dimension you may or may not get out of? Making matters worse, there is an evil empire wanting to take over your home dimension and others. The way to survive is to work together, that is if you don’t kill each other first…
(Takes place after CiT. AT (alternate timeline) because of the announcement of the comic mini-series and All4One (started this before they were announced) So kinda guess this my version of those lol)
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5623256/1/Ratchet_and_Clank_Lost_in_Reality
FF.net is being a bitch as well when it comes to errors, so you can read it on my DA as well, just keep in mind not all the chapters are up there yet being I'll still editing.

And for a oneshot I wrote

Why?
Author: SweetTeaholic
Rated: Web-14, mainly for the 's' word being said once. Also full of total Angst.
Description: Just a little Vorselon dabble. Pre-Future saga.
Link: http://sweetteaholic.deviantart.com/art/Why-161033748

Deleted user

Finally I can update the first post!

But yeah, lemme know when the link is working again anyways, so I can update it… I think I have the link somewhere around here though…

I hope some more will want to put their fics in the first post =P come on, I'll help ya get more exposure!

ok, added the link for LiR. =3

Deleted user

Done emoji

I'll probably add mine to the list, but I want to wait and see if any other members wanna add theirs first 8P