Thread: Ratchet & Clank Movie?

That's not really E3's purpose…

Ok, "they said SONY E3 conference in cinemas is a good idea".

I was talking about showing off movie stuff.

Oh… misunderstood… again… I think they could show a bit of a movie - it's a game-based movie after all. Besides, E3 is the perfect place for Insomniac to reveal their plans for the future…

I think it will be mostly Sunset Overdrive related. Which I can't have :/

I think it will be mostly Sunset Overdrive related. Which I can't have :/

Sunset Overdrive is being made by IG Burbank studio. But what about North Carolina…

True, true. But I don't think they wanna take the light of SO yet, I dunno just saying stuff, but I guess we'll find out tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y_cY_miDxo
So, the trailer is out, what don't I like about it? Absolutely nothing (ok, except for Qwark's face)! All the worries I had before are gone! It might not be 'one of the greatests', but I'm sure it will be much better than average emoji

Many of the original developers responsible for the very first Ratchet & Clank game have an opportunity to create the stunning Solana Galaxy that they–and our fans–have always wanted to see.

No Polaris…NO POLARIS emoji So, now we're waiting for David Bergeaud announcment.

But… Then where did the Fongoid come from?

But… Then where did the Fongoid come from?

It's a way to evade HD-fying the PS2 races.

….maybe they use Mass Relays?

Ok, time for hidden gems!

User image
In the left corner - crates (you can also see them in Veldin-at-night shots)! On card - always popular ToD Qwark picture (will they ever render a new one?). You can also see a logo on that card (present in "Q-Montage" moment as well), probably logo of Galactic Rangers. Oh, and Ratchet's got that new fancy swingshot on his hand.

User image
I think Clank could negotiate with this guy… Is that a next-gen Blarg? Wondering how will Drek look…

User image
Aw… Good QfB memories.

I guess this won't really be the first game's story, it's just going to have the first game's synopsis.

I guess this won't really be the first game's story, it's just going to have the first game's synopsis.

Of course it won't! It would've been cheap if they just copied first game's story.

It's a mash-up from every Ratchet game, but with story guide from the first one I guess.

Well, it, after all, recreates one of the first scenes, how Clank fled Quartu. He gets into some kind of an escape pod and is shot at. It's debatable if it's the missile that gets him. Anyway, the guy who shoots at him looks more like a robot (so it stays canon to the original story). Then we see the pod fall towards Veldin in a ball of fire. Ratchet is lying on the girder (?) when he sees it. And when the explosion and the logo comes, I'd say it's the part when Ratchet takes Clank from the wreckage. It's just Bay-ed with I suppose a self-destruction.
(I'm not the only one who takes it that way, right?)

I can't remember a ball of fire in the trailer. Guess 5 times replaying was far from enough.