Thread: Really Random thread

Because I'm only halfway through the first level. It's not even an achievement yet.

I plan on creating, and publishing First Steps. Once that is done I will begin to work on the next 2 levels in The Gardens, while also putting in on LBPCentral and asking for help (me asking for help!?) in having a creator per location (and some people doing music).

Of course my rules will be as follows:

• All stickers will need too be remade so well that they are indistinguishable from the originals. Any problems, and I will fix them.
  • No images taken from LBP1 directly through the PS Vita's camera. That's just horrible.
  • The PS Vita camera is essential in the re-creation process of all objects and stickers. Objects should be traced and scaled so that they look exactly as they they should.
  • Physics should mimic the originals, by whatever means necessary.
  • Logic that is hidden on LBP1 must be hidden, logic that is shown must be shown.
  • Scoring should be identical to the original.
  • All objects should be created with proportional size to Sackboy.
  • Creators must have their own copy of LBP1.
  • All objects should be submitted to me before publication, so I may check over them for imperfections.
  • The creators will need to show me they are good creators before I will let them in.

So… not strict at all emoji

I was actually talking about it being for PS Vita, but I see you're just trying to make a portable LBP1, which is pretty nice.

I should probably remake that game in LBP2 someday though…

See, now that's the thing.

All I ever wanted (and probably everyone else) was to get my hands on the cool new LBP2 stuff. It never would have crossed my mind that people would look back at LBP1 and it's story and actually miss it. But I do, and a surprising amount of other people do too. But LBP2 (and Vita) are easily far superior, so couldn't someone just make them again for those games?

So here I am, doing it, and it's been really interesting so far. The main reasons why I've chosen Vita are:

• For those hours in the day where my PC is dead, I can still feel like I'm actually doing something worthwhile with my time.
  • Players can actually download the entire LBP1 game and play it offline. Can't do that in LBP2.
  • It's portable, so if my house bursts into flames, or I am summoned on a quest to fetch supplies from a nearby village I can test my stuff, or use one of the hundreds of images I've taken to continue tracing objects. (I haven't actually traced hundred, or done this away from home at all yet, but I could see it happening).
  • I can have both LBP1 and LBPV running simultaneously, which, believe me, is SUPER useful.

Who doesn't like a good bulletpoint-list?

See, now that's the thing.

All I ever wanted (and probably everyone else) was to get my hands on the cool new LBP2 stuff. It never would have crossed my mind that people would look back at LBP1 and it's story and actually miss it. But I do, and a surprising amount of other people do too. But LBP2 (and Vita) are easily far superior, so couldn't someone just make them again for those games?

Someone actually did that for LBP2, he got bashed to hell, although I think you'll have better luck with it since it will be on the Vita.

But now I was thinking, how about LBPSP on LBP 2? I'm sure it could work, I'll have to try it out.

If someone was 'bashed to hell' for making LBP1 on LBP2, then the one to make LBP PSP of LBP2 will be completely murdered.

What were the levels like? Why did this person get bashed to hell? What is wrong with making some seriously quality platforming levels on LBP2? I NEED THAT LEVEL LINK!

If someone was 'bashed to hell' for making LBP1 on LBP2, then the one to make LBP PSP of LBP2 will be completely murdered.

Not really, unlike LBP1 and 2, LBPSP is like a completely different game from its older brothers (despite having the coolest costumes).

What were the levels like? Why did this person get bashed to hell? What is wrong with making some seriously quality platforming levels on LBP2? I NEED THAT LEVEL LINK!

They were exactly the same, so people just said the levels were a waste and that they weren't lazy enough to not get up and change the discs.
The story was basically that Sackboy found a time machine and it broke, so now he has to find all of the pieces scattered throughout LBP1.
The levels might have been deleted, but I'll look for them.

I've played LBP PSP and to be completely honest, I hated didn't like it.

1. The levels were easier than PS3.
2. The story felt like rubbish when put next to PS3.
3. The graphics were not comparable to PS3.
4. The multiplayer was significantly less than PS3.
5. There were only 5 layers as opposed to the usual 7, so that kinda sucked.

I get that people might want to play them, and they'd look/function better on PS3, but having both games I always gravitated towards LBP for PS3… like 100% of the time. And whenever I was travelling or at school I found it difficult to play LBP PSP because it just felt so cut-down. I'd rather just be hyped all day for the moment when I could get home and play PS3 again.

I think that my opinions were highly effected by circumstances. I had just got LBP for PS3, and shortly thereafter for PSP. I spent every waking moment looking forward to using the PS3, because it was cool, so I used my PSP for thinks like MediEvil, Resistance and Ratchet & Clank, which were actually quite decent.

And I think I get what you mean about LBP1 in LBP2. It wouldn't be very hard at all, because all of the LBP1 stuff is in LBP2 (if you've played LBP1), it just needs to be put together. LBP Vita has barely any of that, so it's a reasonably tough challenge getting it all re-made and such stuff.

EDIT: To be more clear, I do see that appeal of making the PSP stuff in LBP2/Vita, after all, it's not like that stuff all carries over.

I like the ideas.
I'm a sucker for canyons and deserts, so I was instantly hooked on the first level of the game.
Not to mention the Surfing Mini Game… and the painfully hard puzzle to get the dragon egg… or the Hans family which was pretty charming… and the DLC was great too…
I think the PSP version definitely has its hits and that's the main reason I want to redo it in LBP2… or 3 if I'm too lazy to do it now.

Well if you have LBP Vita you'll be happy to know a bunch of people, who make good levels, are making LBP PSP on LBP Vita.

I'll admit that I never tried any of the LBP PSP DLC, because I was new to the whole online gaming thing.

Here is something to laugh at: When I first ran into the PlayStation Store, it was through LBP1, and it was because everyone was playing those Pirates Levels, but I couldn't find them on the community. I eventually found the Store section, and saw there were paid products, so I then started trying to figure out how to are supposed to get this 'currency'. But eventually (It only took a day or 2) I figured out it was real-world money.

So immediately the moment I first discovered DLC (as a naive and reasonably stupid person) I immediately drew a picture in my head (because I couldn't think in words back in caveman times) of how flawed it was to sell a game with content locked away for extra in-game purchases. I was a little wrong to think this about LBP, but the idea is just as relevant when EA and co. are in the picture.

You could actually say that for the DLC in PSP, as it's essentially just a way to make cars, something you should have been able to do since the beginning.
But since the levels it offers are some of the coolest in the game I don't really mind it.

Are you trying to say the game had no motorised bolts!?

There were, but making a car in LBP PSP Pre-Turbo is like making Wall Jumping in LBP2 Pre-DC Comics.

Hold on…

How to make a car in LittleBigPlanetThe material

Find a nice piece of material, preferably cardboard, and mold and cut it into a shape that loosely resembles the frame of a car.

The wheels

It goes without saying that the car's shape should be created with some space for some wheels to fit in, so it should have at least 2 cicular cutaways in the body before attempting the wheels. And to actually make the wheels you should find a material with some grip, preferably rubber, and make 2 circles that will slot in under the car.

The attachment

This car isn't going anywhere in that state, now for some tricky things! First you will want to get a flat piece of material and slip it in behind the body of the car and the circular wheels you have made. Good? Good. Now glue the body of the car to the cardboard, but be careful that it isn't touching the wheels or they will need to be unstuck!

The bolts

Now for some seriously tricky stuff. Find the motor bolt in your tools bag and pop one in the centre of each wheel.

The switch

Hopefully you were smart enough to have a place for Sackboy to stand in the car. Now pop a 2-way switch into this area, and have the outputs connected to the 2 motor bolts.

Fin

Sorry, I just finished a 10 page essay on cameras (it's as straightforward and basic as you'd think), so I couldn't help myself.

But yea, which sections of that instruction manual were unable to be done in LBP PSP?

Just saying, but I love your new avatar Darkstar.

Yea it's pretty neat. Almost makes me consider thinking about the slim chance of me changing mine.