Thread: Really Random thread

I have no idea what IMAX is.

Really, never heard of it? Back in the day, these were the only ones with 3D movies.

Because the last time I checked ours (few months ago) only half the movies were 3D, and they all had the option for 2D.

Luckily it's the same here. I don't like to be forced to watch in 3D.

I don't remember ever going to a cinema and finding that we couldn't watch a movie in 3D, that was made with a 3D version. We've always had that option. What does that have to do with this IMAX thing? Is that the name ofa chain of cinemas? If so, then we don't have them (that I'm aware of)

Is that the name ofa chain of cinemas?

Yup, it is.

Here in the local cinema in Bogor, there are only little amount of 3D movies. The cinema also isn't that big, because it's located in a mall. From the total of 6 movies, usually only one or two of them were 3D. IMAX isn't available here, so far they are available in Jakarta and Banten.

Here in the local cinema in Bogor, there are only little amount of 3D movies. The cinema also isn't that big, because it's located in a mall. From the total of 6 movies, usually only one or two of them were 3D. IMAX isn't available here, so far they are available in Jakarta and Banten.

We don't have IMAX in other than two biggest cities either.

Is it in Prague and Brno?
And by the way, the IMAX in Banten is in Tangerang, to be precise. Banten is the province

Is it in Prague and Brno?

Look who checked the maps. Or should I say… Czeched emoji
Not sure about Brno, but definetly Prague.

Oh, actually I searched for "Largest Cities of the Czech Republic" in Wikipedia

Oh, actually I searched for "Largest Cities of the Czech Republic" in Wikipedia

So you may also say what number is my hometown in the list.

Ostrava is number 3

Ostrava is number 3

Exactly!

I have no idea what IMAX is.

Is The Hunger Games really the only "Exclusively 2D film" that is in your cinemas? Because the last time I checked ours (few months ago) only half the movies were 3D, and they all had the option for 2D.

One of the few that is 2D and 2D only. Usually movies like The Other Woman, The Heat or anything that doesn't use CGI are 2D. Which is why I think it's strange they didnt make a 3D Hunger Games. It's like the only movie with a shardston of GCI that is not 3D. emoji

One of the few that is 2D and 2D only. Usually movies like The Other Woman, The Heat or anything that doesn't use CGI are 2D. Which is why I think it's strange they didnt make a 3D Hunger Games. It's like the only movie with a shardston of GCI that is not 3D. emoji

Isn't it better to watch a movie made in 2D in 2D rather than in a fake, computer generated not-really-3D?

Honestly? No. I love 3D movies, I love items flying in my face and dept perception. It adds that much more to the experience. I don't mind watching movies in 2D of course. The only times I cn watch 3D are in the cinema or when I'm at my sister's place. But when I can, I take the superior version. 3D ^^

And my 3DS is always on 3D as well. But not the full 100%. I already found out that results in instand headaches and dizziness.

I never found 3D important at all that important. Well sure, when there's a movie like HTTYD, with all the dragons flight scenes, fights and all, then it sure is cool to watch it in 3D. But with a normal movie, I'd rather stick with 2D.

Oh, but I mend stuff like Edge of Tomorrow or Maleficent too. Your every day's drama story, say Fault in Our Stars, doesn't need 3D. I just want 3D with (partial) CG or action movies. Otherwise it, ideed, doesn't add anything.