Thread: Really Random thread

Ooh, sounds good! Didn't know you were big in Assassin's Creed though. You looking forward to the new one, Victorial Age? emoji

Lucky! My shift is almost over (I'm a receptionist). But I have a story for you! A co-worker dropped her keys in the elevator shaft! And this was her last day and she really needed the keys to her house. But you can't just go into the shaft, so my partner wanted to make some calls. But no, I had a much better idea. We have these name badges with super strong magnets. We taped it to a broom and fished the keys out. Much cheaper solution. :oui:

Ooh, sounds good! Didn't know you were big in Assassin's Creed though. You looking forward to the new one, Victorial Age? emoji

Lucky! My shift is almost over (I'm a receptionist). But I have a story for you! A co-worker dropped her keys in the elevator shaft! And this was her last day and she really needed the keys to her house. But you can't just go into the shaft, so my partner wanted to make some calls. But no, I had a much better idea. We have these name badges with super strong magnets. We taped it to a broom and fished the keys out. Much cheaper solution. :oui:

Huh. Clever emoji

How…. that's a clever solution emoji.

By the way, question time: how did you guys find this site for the first time? Me, it was on the early days of me becoming an R&C fan, on 2014. I was searching for R&C soundtracks on Google, then I found this awesome site, where I met you guys, and eventually becoming web friends with some of you emoji.

Hey that's great. I bet she was pretty glad you came up with that idea!

As for the Victorian London Assassin's Creed game. I am not really that hyped. The series is going to new places, and Unity (French Revolution) had some half-decent gameplay and environments to explore, so I can expect this game will either be the same or a little improved. Either way I'll buy it and (hopefully) have fun.

Black Flag will always stand on it's own as the greatest AC game of them all though, and while Rogue copies it's formula as a sequel, it lacks in that it isn't a piracy game set on the beautiful Caribbean seas. So I would like for them to make another good pirating game of the same era. But I think that would be incredibly unlikely.

Assassin's Creed is a series of games I enjoy playing for their stories and to discover the many tedious side-missions that mostly require barely any skill whatsoever. But the gameplay works, so I will probably keep on playing them pretty casually.

By the way, question time: how did you guys find this site for the first time? Me, it was on the early days of me becoming an R&C fan, on 2014. I was searching for R&C soundtracks on Google, then I found this awesome site, where I met you guys, and eventually becoming web friends with some of you emoji.

I was a member of the Insomniac Games Forums, and noticed some references to this site there. I eventually jumped over here and joined this community early on in 2011. I don't remember much more than that because my memory was pretty foggy back then.

Hey that's great. I bet she was pretty glad you came up with that idea!

She did a little dance, she was very happy!

As for the Victorian London Assassin's Creed game. I am not really that hyped. The series is going to new places, and Unity (French Revolution) had some half-decent gameplay and environments to explore, so I can expect this game will either be the same or a little improved. Either way I'll buy it and (hopefully) have fun.

Black Flag will always stand on it's own as the greatest AC game of them all though, and while Rogue copies it's formula as a sequel, it lacks in that it isn't a piracy game set on the beautiful Caribbean seas. So I would like for them to make another good pirating game of the same era. But I think that would be incredibly unlikely.

Assassin's Creed is a series of games I enjoy playing for their stories and to discover the many tedious side-missions that mostly require barely any skill whatsoever. But the gameplay works, so I will probably keep on playing them pretty casually.

So you've played Unity then. I heard it was.. less than impressive.

Cool, hadn't met someone who thinks Black Flag is the best one yet. I heard you either love the series from AC1-AC3 or AC3-future. Not both. emoji

Erm. I was actually looking for a new desktop. At this time I was on soooo many forums. One more couldn't hurt right? This one is actually one of the 2 forums I still like to go to every day. ^^

I was searching for R&C soundtracks on Google, then I found this awesome site, where I met you guys, and eventually becoming web friends with some of you emoji.

Hah, same here emoji I belive it was back in 2011… Oh boy, it's been four years…

So you've played Unity then. I heard it was.. less than impressive.

Cool, hadn't met someone who thinks Black Flag is the best one yet. I heard you either love the series from AC1-AC3 or AC3-future. Not both. emoji

Well I didn't get it at launch or on PC, so I never faced any technical issues in the singleplayer experience, as the problems were all patched not long after it launched. I don't know if the PC version is alright or not, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you. All that matters is that it works fine, and it's all fixed up. There are a few little tiny online bugs, but it could be much much much worse… LITTLEBIGPLANET 3, I am looking at you!

My guide to the series would go as follows:

AC1 is pretty short and simple. The characters and colours are pretty typical and boring, although I personally like the era so I was a bit more motivated to play through it than most people really should be in our age of modern gaming.

AC2 is a proper sequel. It has still got a very limited colourscheme, but the characters and story more than makes up for it. Not only this but the combat is pretty good now. Sure the economy is pretty easy to break, but overall it's a pretty engaging game that doesn't really require you to have played the first one.

AC: Brotherhood is just more of Assassin's Creed 2, so while it may start to get tired near the end, it is all pretty alright.

AC: Revelations is a good way to wrap up everything that happened with our main man from AC2 and Brotherhood. It has a bunch of callbacks to a vastly improved version of the first game's protagonist, which was pretty well done to me. It's not the sort of game to dro and b=pick back up later, because then you can get pretty confused with the three different plots you're following. Oh and the gameplay is more of the same.

AC3 is a new ear and a new cast. This time in a more seamless and vast world. It even has seasons, so if you don't want to look for the collectibles in Winter, just play the story up until it's Summertime. The game is fairly long, and with a fair share of twists and turns. Its a bit of a shame that the setting and background story is so confusing and messed up. But that's the problem with trying to be historically accurate. Oh and this is the last game to ever care about "the present". Most people liked that it ended here, but I personally miss playing in the present.

AC4 is a brilliant pirating spin-off. You play as a pirate, and the story follows the typical GTA arc, with the protagonist unsure of what they want to do with their life, so they decide to join the pirates and work their way up to king of the pirates, because the British and the Spanish are all greedy buggers than need to be brought down a few pegs.

AC Rogue is AC4 but with a blue HUD and set in AC3 and the Atlantic Ocean (I think that was the name of the ocean, but I'm not a massive geography whiz).

AC Unity is the next step up from AC3. It's pretty good, and I think the combat is more skill based than ever before. The climbing is improved too. The only downside I see is that unlocking items tends to be a bigger grind now than ever before.

Graphically AC4 and Unity both look stunning.

I don't remember it that well, since this was around A4O was announced, but I think I was looking for some concept art and high-quality renders of the characters, which this site had thankfully.

I ended up making an account (the name had something to do with Back to the Future, but I don't remember what it was exactly) with which I ended up posting a grand total of four messages before forgetting about this site entirely.

2-3 years later I was looking for a good R&C message board where I could complain about ACiT and FFA and I remembered this place. I didn't really remember the name though, but I found it anyway since the series doesn't really have a lot of fan sites.
I ended up getting involved in a cartoon or something along those lines and that's how I ended up here.

I ended up getting involved in a cartoon or something along those lines and that's how I ended up here.

Oh yeah, I remember how this looked originally emoji I think I still have the original script saved here somewhere emoji Or maybe even the storyboards…

Yea I could never lose Ratchet Galaxy either, because there were so few fansites as large as this one out there dedicated to Ratchet & Clank.

I think was scrolling through RaC TOD concept art, and the link was at RG. I actually remember Heather and Ratchetruler from way back then. But i never joined until Kubak contacted me about TIAORAC. Good times :'emoji

How come I sounded more like JAT two years ago!? (yeah, scrolling through the old cartoon thread…emoji

GAH… THESE STORYBOARDS STILL EXIST! DON'T LOOK, DON'T LOOK!

How come I sounded more like JAT two years ago!? (yeah, scrolling through the old cartoon thread…emoji

GAH… THESE STORYBOARDS STILL EXIST! DON'T LOOK, DON'T LOOK!

You're a great artist, Kubak. Don't worry about it. emoji

…and sounding like JAT is a compliment emoji