Thread: The Star Wars Thread

Because Luke lost to Ahsoka.
On the plus side, Han and Kenobi are tied. Han may just have a chance!

Han is actually my least favorite character in the series. Give me Jar Jar.

I wouldn't go that far, but Lando beats Han every time. emoji

If Obi-Wan ends up winning then Darth Vader needs to win the last round, for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't go that far, but Lando beats Han every time. emoji

Ugh, Lando. Another character I don't like. And Luke. And Leia. And… maybe I should stop now.

I still don't get why you hate them, though.

I think it has something do with them being the 'early characters'. If I compare them to some of the newer cast, they become less and less likeable. They're rather… dull? Luke and Leia.. they just don't have it. Han is simpler to explain, because he's a self-righteous male. The exact character profile I hate from the moment they show up. No matter what movie/game it is.

I think I see what you mean, though that simplicity is exactly WHY I like them.
They have a defining role in the story which I can identify, so I know who to root for and thus it's easier for me to get invested.
In the prequels no one really has a role in the story. I guess I'm supposed to root for the Jedi because, well, they're the Jedi, but that's about it.
They don't complain about sand or spend half of the movie in a courtroom, they're human characters on a big adventure to save the galaxy!

Also Han is just a swell guy, a bit egotistical in Episode IV but that's nothing a little last-minute character development can't fix. I think you're letting your first impressions of him blind you a bit, if we did that for every character then everyone would hate Ratchet nowadays.

I think I see what you mean, though that simplicity is exactly WHY I like them.
They have a defining role in the story which I can identify, so I know who to root for and thus it's easier for me to get invested.
In the prequels no one really has a role in the story. I guess I'm supposed to root for the Jedi because, well, they're the Jedi, but that's about it.
They don't complain about sand or spend half of the movie in a courtroom, they're human characters on a big adventure to save the galaxy!

You're absolutely right. And I think that's part fo why I'm not very fond of them. But a lot of characters that appeared in the Original Trilogy (I watched the prequels first), some characters aren't very likeable anymore. Such as Obi-Wan (my favorite character in the prequels) and C-3PO.
When it comes to Star Wars characters, I love the wise protocol Jedi and renegade female Sith. They're usually well done.

Also Han is just a swell guy, a bit egotistical in Episode IV but that's nothing a little last-minute character development can't fix. I think you're letting your first impressions of him blind you a bit, if we did that for every character then everyone would hate Ratchet nowadays.

Funny thing is, I didn't like Ratchet the first time around. I'm glad I player Gladiator first, so I knew it was going to get better. So when I play R&C1 nowadays, I have no problem with him. I'm just laughing at some of his snappy remarks. Han however… not a fan.

Still tied at 50%. We need a breaker!

I wonder what the actual number is like. 50,500001% or somthing like that. emoji

http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness well, we're down to obi-wan and darth vader. who will win?

I wonder...

It's official! Darth Vader won this is Madness!!!
In other news, Star Wars the Clone Wars returns with a brand new unfinished 4-part finale starring Echo!!! He's still alive!!!
User image
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-bad-batch-4-episode-arc-coming-to-star-wars-celebration

Aw yeah! emoji