Thread: Future PS4 R&C Games

There's a bridge between evil, mean and bully. Bully is the least likeable and Ratchet just happened to have that personality in the biggest part of R&C1. I don't mind him growing polite just a little bit faster in the movie.

I don't mind him growing polite just a little bit faster in the movie.

Ah, finally, there's someone who has the same opinion as me

There's a bridge between evil, mean and bully. Bully is the least likeable and Ratchet just happened to have that personality in the biggest part of R&C1.

Exactly and that's what makes him such a good and dynamic character in the first game.

They made him that way for the ending, I get that. But I still didn't really like him in the first game. Nearly nothing was likeable about him…

They made him that way for the ending, I get that. But I still didn't really like him in the first game. Nearly nothing was likeable about him…

Again, that's the point.
Ratchet isn't really supposed to be viewed as a hero or even the protagonist of the first game.

I always thought you were the sidekick.

If you were to choose between bully Ratchet and hero Ratchet, you'd… pick bully Ratchet?

If you were to choose between bully Ratchet and hero Ratchet, you'd… pick bully Ratchet?

In therms of character, yes.
Although if I were to pick from all incarnations of him I'd say the one where he's the butt monkey in GC and UYA is my favourite.

Well, while I can accept him in A4O or even ACiT I'd put anything over this.

Well, while I can accept him in A4O or even ACiT I'd put anything over this.

Hmm...
EDIT: HMM...

You know what. I prefer all of them over R&C.

Hmm...
EDIT: HMM...

I didn't say I'm a fan of them, I said that I can let them pass - Ratchet's moralizing is not as obnoxious (and not as constant) in ACiT and A4O as in ItN.

Now that I think about it, could "Doing big things" mean he wants to be a hero just so he can be famous?
Nah...

We dont even know how Ratchet will act in the movie–we're just assuming this from several minutes of footage!

I don't think they want bully-Ratchet to be their loveable lead protagonist in the movie.

We dont even know how Ratchet will act in the movie–we're just assuming this from several minutes of footage!

Dude, read. How "should" Ratchet act, how would you like him to act.