Thread: Future PS4 R&C Games

I hope that Insomniac make a brand new series of R&C games on the PS4 with Online Multiplayer.I worry that Insomniac is running out of ideas.

Me too. I also hope IG also release an online multiplayer game for PC. PCs are the best console to play online games, in my opinion

There probably plenty of ideas left in their heads. Resources is what they need. And I hope that some of their resources will eventually end up in Fuse 2. Hopefully that'll become the Action RPG they planned to make it in the first place.

PCs are not consoles. Insomniac seems to only release console games due to their partnership agreements with various companies. They are seemingly uninterested in PC in the same way they are uninterested in handhelds, probably due to there being less guaranteed success outside of console exclusive games.

I like PC gaming, but prefer consoles for their simplicity, exclusives and lower costs. I can honestly say I've never had more fun with online gaming than I have had on PS3 with games like Resistance 2 and 3, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, and Ratchet & Clank: Qforce.

I know mostly PC gamers. You should see their faces when I tell them I don't have Steam. In my defense: I do have Origin. I really don't like playing on a PC or in my case; a gaming laptop. There are a few games I prefer to play on my laptop, mostly 3rd party Xbox game because of the sharp graphics on a laptop. But I haven't done that much either.

''But Steam games cost €0,99 during the sales!''.

Well duh, you pay for rented air. For me the 'fun' has completely faded when it comes to digital games.

User image

Seems that we have different opinions about PC gaming. Speaking about PC gamers, my friends who are PC gamers seem to still tolerate people who doesn't have a Steam account. But still, I don't know what's the joy of being a "Steam businessman". And also the stereotype of free-to-players are noobs (in this case, Team Fortress 2. And as a free-to-player, I highly disagree with that).

By the way, back then, one of my PC gamer friend teased me several times for liking R&C, like, srsly? But he doesn't do that anymore now

I am going to keep repeating myself when I say that when you buy digital games you are downloading THE EXACT SAME THING THAT COMES ON YOUR DISC! Infact it's a bit different in that instead of being a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM it's on your Hard Drive, so you have more freedom, in that you can not only read from the game, but you can write to it as well. This means that we can mod games.

At least that is what I think. The only downside is that whoever you buy the games from, like Steam, have more control over your game… oh wait a second, they don't. Even disc-based games these days seem to need to be activated through whatever digital distribution medium you can buy them through. The only thing that bothers me about digital distribution is the hard drive space games take up. I am glad to be rid of discs, and will continue leaning towards going fully digital as time goes on.

Game streaming on the other hand sounds a little bit dodgy. Where we can own a physical copy of our own games through digital distribution, we get absolutely nothing besides granted access to cloud games with game streaming. This will make for the future you should fear the most HeatherGrace.

Don't worry, I understand most people wouldn't agree with me. But to me persoanlly, digital games are useless. I can't enjoy *click*-done. As much as taking the bus to my gamestore and actually buying something more than a name in my Steam library.

Speaking of streaming games, I have a whole new level of appreciation for the Wii U. Mine is upstairs, but I can take to gamepad downstairs and play Mass Effect 3 with it. You're supposed to be in the same room, but the cough is right beneath the TV in my room. emoji

But those are things of the past. I too enjoy towering my games up and glaring at them for hours on end… but I have come to realise that the most important part of having games is playing them. If it happens to be faster and cheaper to skip the whole disc thing, then so be it.

Infact discs are so slow that games don't seem to even run off the discs any more. I could be wrong, but it would seem most if not all games of this generation are completely installed onto your machine due to the slow read times of the optical disc format. Discs themselves appear to act only as keys. But I have only come to this conclusion due to all of my games taking up several gigabytes of space on my PS4s hard drive each. It's really irritating, because that pretty much throws out my only remaining reason to have discs, which was for storage.

People call it a relic of the past, yet DVDs and CDs are still a thing after all these years. I don't understand why games have more potential to become digital only…

Because not only is it much harder to lose and/or break a digital game, it's also much easier and cheaper for publishers to distribute them.

The 2nd part, yes. The first part… who goes around losing/breaking discs?

The 2nd part, yes. The first part… who goes around losing/breaking discs?

Someone who's too lazy to get up and get the game's case so he puts the disc on his desk instead, then his cat comes by, snatches it and runs away.
That's one copy of LBP2 I'll never get back…

Used games are pretty fantastic.

So is supporting the developers emoji

There's many games I'm not sure about buying, so I wait till they're cheap. When I like it, I'll pre-order the sequel. Which I, otherwise, wouldn't have bought full price.