Thread: Possible plot device for next R&C

Deleted user

yeah, I don't really think a 'truly dark and evil' villain with no comical side at all will fit in with a Ratchet and Clank game, as the main villain anyway heh. But it'll be interesting to see what a new one would be like though.

yeah, I don't really think a 'truly dark and evil' villain with no comical side at all will fit in with a Ratchet and Clank game, as the main villain anyway heh. But it'll be interesting to see what a new one would be like though.

A truly malovent villian is a great idea.

Moved to the General Forum since it's not really about ACiT.

Well Heres My Idea For The Next R&C I think Should Have Some Type Of Evil Twin Brother Who Finds Klunk And Rapairs Him From Secret Agent Clank And The Evil Twin Is All Bad And Trying To Destroy The Galaxy And Stuff……. But thats My Idea

We shouldn't forgot that Orvus has only disappeared, he's probably still alive… somewhere emoji Maybe we could meet him again =D

yeah, I really really (ditto ditto ditto) want to know what happened to both Orvus and Max Apogee. It's annoying me so much! emoji(

I always though Oruvs was dead, but at the same time we only saw him go "Poof, I'm gone." I only say he's dead due the I know the Galactic Trivial said that Zoni are pure energy, and need the metal suits they wear when outside there home dimension. However, he could also teleport somewhere else, who knows. Either way, I would love to see more Oruvs, he was the best and most interesting character in ACiT. He's also a pimp! emoji

As for plot points I would love to see IG get too.

Angela and Max: I still don't buy the "female Lombaxes don't have tails" bull, but I do think if she's with Max, they have to have some sort of connection. Hopefully IG doesn't forget about her and that news report just being to "make fans shut up," After all years they denied this. (not to mention I think they caused more problems with it than solve it, both fans and storyline (so many plot holes ugh!)) And also, what happen to Max?! I mean, I have an idea what happened to him (and still is alive in my book), but still, us fans want to know! Give the goods IG!

Dimension travel: This is something I would love to see IG pick up again, mainly because this does have something to do with the Lombaxes (as well as Max as well). They could also try to put this into gameplay as well, though I don't think it'll work well as with time travel. But, I think it would make some awesome puzzles, maybe with Clank gameplay.

There are minor things in my mind that I could say, but I don't feel like it. Tired as it is (and it's like, only 4:40 PM over here lol

I would love a darker game. A little higher than ACiT emoji

Deleted user
I would love a darker game. A little higher than ACiT emoji

I am aware that RF isn't here anymore, but I gotta say that Ratchet will never have a game that has a dark approach. The franchise might go a little bit deep with it's dialogue in a future Ratchet game, but I cannot picture these characters going dark. It would be like Kingdom Hearts 2 all over again.

I think most of us here has always seen Ratchet and Clank as a charming and comedy game franchise. I don't mind the games going into serious approaches like Insomniac did with the Future Saga trilogy, but it would be nice to see more of the quirky R&C humour again that we have seen in the past. Which means, I wouldn't mind playing All 4 One once it comes out next year.

Deleted user

yeah I agree, I wouldn't like to see the R&C series to get all dark and angsty emoji Crack in Time's 'darkness' is about as far as it should go in my opinion, even in my fanfiction (which gets dark) I still like to use a lot of humour and light hearted moments, as seen in the games XD

But no way, I wouldn't like to see an 'Emo' Ratchet XD would put me off a bit… I love the humour in the games too much XD but I still like the 'serious' moments as well, as seen in the later titles.

Deleted user

At least A Crack in Time had a good balance of comedy and drama in the story, even though some of the segments were questionable that weren't explained enough or explained carefully.

I've always seen ACIT's story approach to be deep rather than dark. The only character that I think was dark and serious is Alister Azimuth. I didn't mind if one character was mostly serious in the game, but think about if all the characters went serious on us in A Crack in Time… that would literally go down the toilet with the franchise. emoji

But thank goodness Insomniac didn't went for "The Emo" approach and went to keep on finding ways for the franchise to stay strong and fun instead. emoji

Deleted user

I already have a big feeling what the next plot line for a game after All 4 One will be like. However, this contains major spoliers to the Ratchet & Clank comic series so tell me if I should wait a while for more people to get the comics before I post it.

I am curious to know Ratchet's real name even though I'll still call him Ratchet. I also want to know what happened to Orvus because I really don't think he died.