Thread: Gamescon 2012 trailer

Deleted user

It's stuck in my mind and I can't stop guessing! emoji

Drek: As KBABZ says: "Drek is dead, get over it"
Qwark: If you think that, I'll enjoy your slow death as much as possible.
Nefarious: Impossible as he is now Dr. Happycloud
Vox: Dead
Tachyon: Well, Ted said: "who knows what this little guy will do next?". I guess we have a WINNER.
Slag: No, just no.
Loki Master: Was NeffySlapped emoji.

So, my guess goes for Tachyon (also note that in the comic he said he had discovered a new race of aliens so they might be the guys from the Trailer).

I'm not trying to be… annoting or something… but why did everyone ignore my post?
Comon… you gotta agree that commnder spog could be the main enemy!?

IDK, Spog would be preety rare, as I said before, I think this game will not be THAT drammatic.

It's supposed to be a new villain, but I'm also guessing that Tachyon will return at some point. That's one villain with serious Small Person Syndrome, and no real proof he died at the end of ToD.

Also, Commander Spog is voiced by the same guy who voices Qwark (apparently) which is probably why he sounds familiar.

So, the narrator from the trailer is lying when he says "…and now, a familiar face from Ratchet and Clank's past is about to bringing the entire system crashing down".

Tachyon: Well, Ted said: "who knows what this little guy will do next?". I guess we have a WINNER.

So, my guess goes for Tachyon (also note that in the comic he said he had discovered a new race of aliens so they might be the guys from the Trailer).

I'm not trying to be… annoting or something… but why did everyone ignore my post?

IDK, Spog would be preety rare, as I said before, I think this game will not be THAT drammatic.

It's supposed to be a new villain, but I'm also guessing that Tachyon will return at some point. That's one villain with serious Small Person Syndrome, and no real proof he died at the end of ToD.

Also, Commander Spog is voiced by the same guy who voices Qwark (apparently) which is probably why he sounds familiar.

So, the narrator from the trailer is lying when he says "…and now, a familiar face from Ratchet and Clank's past is about to bringing the entire system crashing down".

From the vid I get the impression that Qwark is the one who breaks the system……

Qwark: "…Is it me?…" lol
I think were just not getting the bigger picture here.. was there an ally from the Ratchet and Clank series who felt a bit envious towards Qwark?

Deleted user

Qwark: "…Is it me?…" lol
I think were just not getting the bigger picture here.. was there an ally from the Ratchet and Clank series who felt a bit envious towards Qwark?

I think Ratchet and Clank were the only ones

Plus, Drek, Vox, Darkwater and Cassiopeia are dead.
Maybe it's a minor villain, or even an ally that turned bad.

We don't know if their dead because you don't see them die right in front of you E.G. General Azimauth

But I suppose Darkwater and Vox are dead but you see Cassiopeia fall but not die and Drek may of escaped his mech before he hit the Fake Planet but they won't be in now because of it being a Minor Villain, I have some clues though if you listen to the begging of the video right at the start you can here a deep cyborgish voice talking which might be the villain meaning its probably a Male.

My ideas now would be:
The robot lieutenant
Lord Vorselon Robot

If you look at the conceptual art for ACIT the original idea for Lord Vorselon he is a robot so they may comeback to that idea and I would like the robot lieutenant to come back because you never fought him.

Plus, Drek, Vox, Darkwater and Cassiopeia are dead.
Maybe it's a minor villain, or even an ally that turned bad.

We don't know if their dead because you don't see them die right in front of you E.G. General Azimauth

But I suppose Darkwater and Vox are dead but you see Cassiopeia fall but not die and Drek may of escaped his mech before he hit the Fake Planet but they won't be in now because of it being a Minor Villain, I have some clues though if you listen to the begging of the video right at the start you can here a deep cyborgish voice talking which might be the villain meaning its probably a Male.

My ideas now would be:
The robot lieutenant
Lord Vorselon Robot

If you look at the conceptual art for ACIT the original idea for Lord Vorselon he is a robot so they may comeback to that idea and I would like the robot lieutenant to come back because you never fought him.[/quote
when i said E.G. General Azimauth, I meant he is confirmed dead because you see him dead on the screen

Okay, found a different vid from gamescon uploaded by IG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uET6degrmBg&feature=youtu.be&a
showing the gameplay and weapon levelling up is back.

Made a topic for that a couple of days ago.
Back ontopic. I agree with people saying it can't be drek because he took a massive shot to the face. And for the guy above Lord Vorselon is dead aswell. I think it is a new villain and not one from the previous games.

Okay, found a different vid from gamescon uploaded by IG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uET6degrmBg&feature=youtu.be&a
showing the gameplay and weapon levelling up is back.

Made a topic for that a couple of days ago.
Back ontopic. I agree with people saying it can't be drek because he took a massive shot to the face. And for the guy above Lord Vorselon is dead aswell. I think it is a new villain and not one from the previous games.

How many times do we have to say it… in the trailer they say it someone frorm ratchet and clanks past.

Klunk anyone? :P
Or maybe it's just the cat (sorry, lost the name) from A4O.

Deleted user

Mr. Dinkles (My favourite R&C character) was being controlled by the Loki Master, and as I said before, was
NeffySlapped.

Mr. Dinkles (My favourite R&C character) was being controlled by the Loki Master, and as I said before, was
NeffySlapped.

Mr. Dinkles, thnx!
I was thinking about Mr. Tinkles, as in 'Casts & Dogs' ^^

It's quite some time ago since A4O and never played it a 2nd time, so my memory of that game isn't so clear anymore emoji

I think Commander Spogg is quite a likely theory, not just because of the voice in the trailer, but also because a lot of the enemies appear to be recycled minions from A4O…
As for Klunk, yes he was turned into a vacuum cleaner in SAC, but that was supposed to be a non-canonical spinoff, in my mind, he died on Kerwan in R&C3…
As for the theory that Qwark "broke the system" is quite hilarious! emoji

P.S. This is technically the thread for the trailer. Perhaps there should be a separate thread to discuss the villain?

P.P.S. A lot of people in the comments section for both of the YouTube videos (trailer and gameplay video) are saying "the new art style is aimed at a more kiddy audience". Personally, I find the A4O/FFA art style a nostalgia run to the graphics of the PS2 games, which I like. And in any case, just because the art style is different doesn't mean it's "kiddy". For that matter, even if it were "Kiddy" it doesn't mean that older people can't enjoy it! (points out the Brony subculture to back up his statement about kiddy things being enjoyed by others)

I think Commander Spogg is quite a likely theory, not just because of the voice in the trailer, but also because a lot of the enemies appear to be recycled minions from A4O…
As for Klunk, yes he was turned into a vacuum cleaner in SAC, but that was supposed to be a non-canonical spinoff, in my mind, he died on Kerwan in R&C3…
As for the theory that Qwark "broke the system" is quite hilarious! emoji

P.S. This is technically the thread for the trailer. Perhaps there should be a separate thread to discuss the villain?

P.P.S. A lot of people in the comments section for both of the YouTube videos (trailer and gameplay video) are saying "the new art style is aimed at a more kiddy audience". Personally, I find the A4O/FFA art style a nostalgia run to the graphics of the PS2 games, which I like. And in any case, just because the art style is different doesn't mean it's "kiddy". For that matter, even if it were "Kiddy" it doesn't mean that older people can't enjoy it! (points out the Brony subculture to back up his statement about kiddy things being enjoyed by others)

I agree, the new models of the characters fit with this game (and A4O). It is kind of a mixture between A4O and the future series. Kind of makes a tad more goofy, but hey you can't expect a serious plotline in a short game like this (although insomniac is known for their suprises)+ if you like at the new gameplay footage you can see ratchet performing a split, if the ACiT ratchet would do that it would just be wrong. Btw if you look at the gameplay footage it is "confirmed" that you actually buy armor pieces and not a whole set at once. I'm really hoping the villain is really a mindf*ck and blows us away to set the path of the upcoming games.

Here's what I think about the new villain.

It can't be:

Drek - he is dead.
Vox - He is also dead
Cassiopeia - D-E-D DEAD!
Darkwater - also dead.

It is unlikely that it be:

Robot Lieutenant - He was not a good character, and had almost no speaking roles or contact with Ratchet… he's just basically not a worthy advisory.
Klunk - He's a vacuum cleaner…
Nefarious - EVERYONE is sick of him, and it just won't be a surprise at this point

It could be:

Slag - But we've seen a lot of him…
Pete - But he's not a very… threatening villain.
Thug Leader - He's a bit old and minor, but I dont see why not?
Vorselon - He did get squished and turned into a ton of bolts, but remember Klunk? Plus it seems like there has been enough time for him to get back on his feet.
Spog - But he seemed pretty changed. And the line "A familiar face from Ratchet's past" implys It would be further back (like ToD or the PS2 games)

It is probably:

Tachyon - why not?
Zogg - Again, why not?