Thread: Many scenes/audio cut from Deadlocked/Gladiator

Deleted user

Gosh, I dont know where to begin emoji

Thanks to XoravaX here, I got bored and wanted to find out more about the PS2 Ratchet titles. I found a whole load of interesting things today after looking at a few files here and there… Im not even sure if it's allowed though. But it isnt that bad me thinks, since Im not editing or hacking anything XD

There is so much things that I didn't have time to go through them all, but here is a list of interesting stuff I found that indicate that they were going to be for scenes in the game at some stage…

1.There appears to be a part when Ratchet has to rescue Clank through a series of missions, which happens quite early in the game (sometime after the Shellshock or Reactor fight) and then again later on when he gets held hostage, and Ratchet has to do a mission to save him through space, sometime after the Ace Hardlight bossfight or Maraxus Prison (it is kinda hard to tell, since some of the audio files are jumbled up)

2. Not only did Clank have to be rescued, there is also a scene where you must free Hydrogirl on the Planet Shaar! I was really surprised, since I didnt think she ever had a bigger role in the game to begin with. There are even audio files of her begging to be freed, and ones where she thanks Ratchet and calls him a cutie, etc. It was quite funny XD seems there was more to those two than we all thought…

3. The Ace Hardlight bossfight was originally going to be far more different as it seems. Merc and Green were going to be with you during the fight; moaning about Ace 'cheating' and using his holoclones to confuse them. (in the final game, they're not there during exterminator fights)
Not only that, but it also seems Ace was originally going to be using the same DZ weapons (or just mods) that you can optain! There are some quotes of him taunting Ratchet about using the Morph-mod on him to turn him into a farm animal. It cracked me up emoji

4. And there are also lots of unused Dallas and Juanita quotes… well, at least quotes I have never heard before.
Even a few of Big Al and Clank that are never heard ingame… like this one with Al calling a "Courtney Gears Hotline" and all that. And there are a bunch of Shellshock, Reactor and Vox quotes I havent heard before too.

I think that's all I'll list for now. I might post some of the audio somewhere but Im not sure if it's allowed… but Im definitely not making anything up. It's really true XD

Deleted user

Oh wow! That would have been awesome to see in the single campaign!

A lot of people had submitted a lot of hacks, cheats and other sorts in other games on youtube. However, since these are things that (or possibly) didn't make it to Deadlocked, perhaps you can submit these in a private domain site like mediafire.com

Or if not, ask XoravaX if he submitted these publicly.

It's good to hear I get people bored. emoji
But seriously, I was bored enough to do all that searching only because I got a flu and couldn't do anything else but to sit inside.

But how on Earth did you manage to get anything out of the PS2 disks? Those are nearly as bad as PS1 disks, as I really can't get where things are on the disks since there is no clear folder structure. The ToD and QfB disks were as well-guided as a tutorial, they basically said "videos this way".

Or if not, ask XoravaX if he submitted these publicly.

Well, I uploaded the cut cinematic I found in the QfB disk to YouTube as a hidden video that's not seen in the search, the way that the viewers must have a direct link to the video. I'm thinking of making it public like normal videos because otherwise no-one other than those who've read the thread I posted it on will ever find that out.

Tipsy, say if the site would be interested in the video I found, after all it is an IG-made video, possibly intended to be in the game. I could upload it to a file hosting site for download in a higher quality than that in YouTube.

This stuff is so very very cool! You should totally hand this stuff out (maybe just through this website? I need to see this stuff (please) Anyway you should dig into the R&C1 disck 'cse I think it might have hidden cutscenes? One I know exists I saw part of in the trailer where Skidd says "Hey! I thought you were gonna help me?" and there could be more in the other games too!

This stuff is so very very cool! You should totally hand this stuff out (maybe just through this website? I need to see this stuff (please) Anyway you should dig into the R&C1 disck 'cse I think it might have hidden cutscenes? One I know exists I saw part of in the trailer where Skidd says "Hey! I thought you were gonna help me?" and there could be more in the other games too!

"Is this about those parking tickets?" emoji

The cutscenes are a complicated thing, as most of them (most of those that aren't in the cinematics menu) are rendered through the game engine and thus unable to be played on computer. Basically all those cutscenes where Ratchet's armour is shown and changes depending on what he wears can't be watched on a computer.

So In-level movies as called in the first R&C can't be seen? Stink, that means I probably wont be albe to see what Skidd was on about… But still this DL one is pretty cool!

So In-level movies as called in the first R&C can't be seen? Stink, that means I probably wont be albe to see what Skidd was on about… But still this DL one is pretty cool!

I'm not sure on how the RC1 cutscenes are rendered as it doesn't have armour so you can't see what could be pre-rendered. If you can change the boots in it, it's not pre-rendered and can't probably be watched. If the boots (and helmet and such) are always the same no matter what you're wearing, it's pre-rendered.

EDIT: Dunno are they always removed, but then it can't really be told what is pre-rendered and what isn't.

I'm not sure on how the RC1 cutscenes are rendered as it doesn't have armour so you can't see what could be pre-rendered. If you can change the boots in it, it's not pre-rendered and can't probably be watched. If the shoes (and helmet and such) are always the same no matter what you're wearing, it's pre-rendered.

I thort his helmet and boots and stuff were removed from all of them? I just went by which ,enus they were in. Eg. 'So its down to this' was an 'In-level movie' and if you replay it the button doesn't open! But like the End conematic in the cinematics menu plays the same every time! So If cinematic = pre-rendered and In-level movie = not pre-rendered 'I thought you were gonna help me' looked like an In-level so I assume you can not get that one emoji

I thort his helmet and boots and stuff were removed from all of them? I just went by which ,enus they were in. Eg. 'So its down to this' was an 'In-level movie' and if you replay it the button doesn't open! But like the End conematic in the cinematics menu plays the same every time! So If cinematic = pre-rendered and In-level movie = not pre-rendered 'I thought you were gonna help me' looked like an In-level so I assume you can not get that one emoji

That's possible, because stuff like "Rated M for Mature", "Aren't They Always Heavily Armed" and "I'm Gonna Need More Grog" are pre-rendered in ToD while the cutscenes where Ratchet meets Talwyn, finds the map for Rykan V or most (excluding the "Centre for Advanced Lombax Research" briefing video part) of the visit at the research base on Rykan V are rendered by the game engine like normal gameplay. But I can't say anything sure on how the PS2 games handle things like this.

Deleted user

I see you guys are interested XD

I found even more things yesterday after work, and man… there is so much quotes that are never heard that I dont know where to begin O_o but it really seems a lot of the levels were going to be far more different than they are now. Like Torval, that wasnt going to be an Ace Hardlight toy Factory, it was going to be a big city with citizens and war going on non-stop. But the Ace statue was still there, but you had to go find the explosives before blowing it up.

Once I am done extracting all the English audio, I'll update the list of unscene things I found and then maybe post some online for you guys to listen to emoji
EDIT: Ok here's the Hydrogirl scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ3-LFDqHGs but that is all I'll post for now, since Im kinda unsure if I can. But I noticed others posting things similar… after doing a search. But none from Deadlocked.

Oh and as for the cutscenes, I found those as well (the Pre-rendered ones, NOT in-game ones) in their raw format. Im surprised with how small the videos actually are too, but they are good quality.

Very very nice recordings those are!

Deleted user

Thanks, I might post some some more. I just keep finding more and more out about the game's old concept emoji

Deleted user

Say, now that was pretty interesting to hear!

Dallas made me smile like a dork with those lines of his. emoji

Deleted user

Hehe yeah, Dallas is really funny. And there are so many more quotes from him that I never heard before XD like him talking about Ratchet and Dallas having a sitcom at the end. Once I'm done sorting the files out, I'll probably post a bit more.

Were the pre-rendered cutscenes in a playable format? Possibly Bink Video again?

But that video you posted is really interesting, as the dialogue in the PS3 games is in no order, just random lines all pipelined in one file. Or was this an extract from a cutscene?

Nope, the pre-rendered cutscenes appear to be in a special PSS format, although they come out as an MPG for some reason? They just lack the audio though, but I know how to get the audio from them (It's just a bit complicated since it extracts all 5 different languages!) and these were very difficult to find XD
But Secret Agent Clank and Size Matters scenes are in BINK format. And those were very easy to access.

As for all the audio, some of them are in order when I find them and they're all seperate files. Most of them have the same filename too, so it isn't easy to get them all out.

I'll have to make a huge list of all the cut content and ideas sometime… it appears there was going to be an extra level around the DreadZone station, and many other different ideas for the other existing levels. I have a few hundred more files to go through then I'll be ready emoji