Thread: Really Random thread

That's why I used a 360 as an example. You need to be online to activate your DLC, while PS3 downloads it directly to your harddrive. No internet connection required.

I don't know how Steam works exactly because I don't have/use it. I do use Origin though. All my games are on my hardrive, but I still need to be logged in to launch them. Better yet, i have to launch them from Origin itself.

Is this "PS Now" a paid service to stream your games?
I get it. Sooner or later all streams not done using PS Now will be banned.

Is this "PS Now" a paid service to stream your games?
I get it. Sooner or later all streams not done using PS Now will be banned.

No.
Basically you can digitally "rent" PS3 games and then play them via streaming (basically you're not controlling the character, you're controlling someone controlling the character).
Not only is the lag horrendous, especially for action games like Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising, but the pricing is way too high (like $72 per month high).

Ironic how it's named PS Now. Cause that would be the only time you can play it. However since you rent a game, i don't think people planned on playing it again in the future.

does anyone else think the ratchet and clank movies to late i mean look if they made it years ago then the series wont be any different to the ps2 seriesemoji

Better late than beforehand. Ps2's graphic wouldnt make for a good movie at all. With the ps3's cinematic experience, and graphics better than ever, its the perfect time to remake the origin story!

Exactly! I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

Plus, what would be the point of a reboot if the series was only 4 years old?

That's why I used a 360 as an example. You need to be online to activate your DLC, while PS3 downloads it directly to your harddrive. No internet connection required.

I don't know how Steam works exactly because I don't have/use it. I do use Origin though. All my games are on my hardrive, but I still need to be logged in to launch them. Better yet, i have to launch them from Origin itself.

Ok, Heather. I have Steam on my PC, and here's how it works: you can play your Steam games without needing to log-in. But if you want to access your inventory, you have to be logged in.

Yet when you uninstall Steam you are unable to open your games, correct? I'm not hating on Steam or anything, just curious.

Oops. Wrong button.

Yet when you uninstall Steam you are unable to open your games, correct? I'm not hating on Steam or anything, just curious.

I don't exactly know, but I think yes, you can't open your games if you uninstall Steam, because you need to log in to open your games (unless you're previously logged in and currently you're not connected to the internet)

I see. That would mean that some games can be lost forever in the distant future. The very distant future, but still.

I see. That would mean that some games can be lost forever in the distant future. The very distant future, but still.

Gabe Newell has said he'll release a big patch for Steam to work offline once the servers eventually shut down.

Hm… Kinda hoped SSO will get better reception. It's not bad, but it could've been better…