Thread: E3 2015 Chat Thread

Maybe he meant shooting games like GTA, CoD, etc.

I know, I was just joking emoji

Yeah, like that. Ratchet and Clank actually takes brain power to complete (Especially 1, ACIT, and All 4 One).
DL and FFA are perhaps the only examples of RaC games that don't take brain power to complete…

Yeah, like that. Ratchet and Clank actually takes brain power to complete (Especially 1, ACIT, and All 4 One).
DL and FFA are perhaps the only examples of RaC games that don't take brain power to complete…

I'd say only the first game really takes brain power to complete. In the other games all you're thinking about is "What weapon do I have to level up?" and that's it.
In the first game you had to come up with different tactics and strategies, try to find out which weapons were good against which enemies and try to keep your distance as much as possible.

I'd say only the first game really takes brain power to complete. In the other games all you're thinking about is "What weapon do I have to level up?" and that's it.
In the first game you had to come up with different tactics and strategies, try to find out which weapons were good against which enemies and try to keep your distance as much as possible.

When it came too Clank gameplay in ACIT, the puzzles require immense brain power. In All 4 One, there are some levels where you just do puzzles; and kill certain enemies with certain weapons.

Oh boy, the 18+ mark on games is a magnet for kids emoji

Fun fact: 18+ games are 16+ in the BeNeLux. emoji

Mindless shooters, hate them. Though I recently figured out not all FPS games are boring colorless shooters. I really liked Crysis 2 and Killzone 4. Nowhere near 'love em', but at least there are more strategic and beautifull FPS out there.

Crysis 2 (Color!)

User image

Resistance 3 (Yuk!)

User image

Killzone 4 (Pretty colours!)

User image

CoD: Black Ops II (Color of doodie)

User image

Jak and Daxter is not mature at all. You can say that Jak II is a little dark because Jak gets imprisoned for a good long while, and then is released as a bit of a rude bugger. Not that he would ever hurt anyone good, or use any mean language. But that he would get taller, darker, more hyperactive, grow longer nails, leak Dark Eco, and yell a fair bit more. Besides Jak's character the only other thing I can think of would be when characters like Daxter say "crap".

I never used to like "realistic" games, and would only be caught playing games like Ratchet & Clank and Rayman. But my tastes changed, as they do, and I eventually came to like more games. Resistance has always been a dark, gritty, realistic/sci-fi, dark, shooting series with a limited colour scheme. I never used to enjoy playing it that much, but as I played it more often I got to appreciate it more and more (gameplay-wise). And it didn't take me long to become interested in the plot like a normal person would with a movie featuring real-life actors.

I think that all game colour schemes have their place. Call of Duty goes for a war look (normally), and let's be honest, the theme of war is a dark one often portrayed in films with filters to get rid of most of the colour (except Vietnam). This effect helps us to get in the mood of it all. Killzone 1-3 were dark and gritty looking games for the same reasons, however they decided to make Shadow Fall (4) much brighter and more colourful. This was probably to match up with the common idea of a future of massive chrome and glass cities littered with lights and glowing things.

To me, Grand Theft Auto is a great series. It's got such a perfect balance between core missions, side missions, collectibles, shooting and driving. Sure you can go around killing people, and unless you want to try and tranquilise your enemies you'll have to do it in most missions. But it really isn't that much different from killing aliens in Ratchet & Clank for me. Either way I'm getting a high out of death and destruction on an incredible scale! The only issues I see with GTA (for myself) is the language and sexual themes. But to find the naughty stuff you really need to go out looking for it… so really the language is the big problem for me.

I don't think GTA is appropriate for children, but I personally wouldn't see much harm in a stable and knowledgeable teenager playing the games.

As far as innovation goes, Grand Theft Auto is a series that is changing all the time. Sure it's always the same target audience, but the plots, locations, graphics, controls and whole engine have been known for making fairly large steps in the past. Games like Killzone seem pretty original to me, and games like Call of Duty haven't really done much new since CoD4:MW.

Call of Duty is now entering the sci-fi zone. Which I actually dislike. Seriously, I think CoD is better when it's set during present times and WW2. But, setting the game in a real world means they'll have to make some nations the "bad guys" and the other nations, oftenly the Western Bloc, as the "good guys".

Of course, Ankadewo, everyone loves 'Murica!

User image

Back to E3…
So, what do you think should/would be the biggest surprise of the show? Something you may or may not expect?

Back to E3…
So, what do you think should/would be the biggest surprise of the show? Something you may or may not expect?

My answer to all of the questions in this thread will most likely be The Last Guardian.

Back to E3…

My answer to all of the questions in this thread will most likely be The Last Guardian.

Which is…?

Back to E3…

Which is…?

This...

Of course, Ankadewo, everyone loves 'Murica!

User image

Oh, what a sarcasm! Where did you get that?