Thread: Drek (One of the best villains of the series) thread

Deleted user

Ah, Drek, the main villain of RC1. In my opinion, this guy is one of the best and most evil of the series. I made this thread for him cause of how he was such a bright villain he is and for you guys to give me your thoughts on him. Here are my thoughts on Drek:

Drek has gotta be one of the most evil and sinister villains of the series in my opinion. Gleeman Vox was also extremely evil, captures villain to fight to death, blows their heads off, etc. And Tachyon was also very evil, although he let his troops finish off the Lombaxes while he elimated Kaden, which was evil by itself. However, I felt Drek was the most evil still, as he poluted his own homeplanet for money, he tricked his own race, he killed many people living on those planets in Solana, he even elimated an entire race of Grummels, except for one.

Drek is also one of the hardest final boss fights of the series. Dr. Nefarious is also extremely hard in RC3, so either one of these guys being the hardest final boss is debatable. The Mutant Protopet was kinda easy, Vox is hard in extreminator mode of the game, but if you use your guns good enough, he's not that hard. Tachyon, hard but not hard enough. Slag was harder than him in TOD, but Slag in Q4B was too easy. Dr. Nefarious in ACiT has gotta be the easiest, Azimuth harder but still pretty easy to take down. So, Drek and Dr. Nefarious I consider the hardest, in your first playthrough anyway.

I like the fact Drek takes things much more seriously than Dr. Nefarious, and gives that true evil villain feel. His plan was pure evil and simpily flawless, although very similar to the move "Space balls" I'd also like to point out that some people say Drek was the "leader" of the Blaarg, when it wasn't confirmed that he was. It's possible due to all his sucess as a chairman, but as far as we know, he was a high-ranking chairman of the Blaarg, and greatly respected by them to.

Drek's fate at the end ended up with him being blown apart by his own lazer, the Deplanetizer. However, although Drek is dead, this doesn't mean he can't still sppear, the RC series is known for giving many cameos and flashbacks, so why not give a flashback of Drek. IG confirmed that Drek is a likely canidate to appear in a flashback of some-sort. So, it is rather a disapointment that Drek was one of the unlucky ones in the end.

Overall, Drek was a fantastic first main villain of the series. I hope to see him again one day.

Evil: 9/3
Humor: 79
Plan: 9/5
Final boss:97
Fate: 89

Overall: 9/5

Deleted user

Why isn't anyone responding?

Deleted user
Why isn't anyone responding?

Relax Neffy. Perhaps people haven't responded yet because many of us weren't online at the time. So please, be patient and don't double post. We have an edit icon if you want to add something else in your previous post.

But going on topic, I do agree that Drek was one of the best villains out there in the Ratchet and Clank universe. Not only he was greedy and evil, but also challenging too (speaking of the final boss fight of course).

Well speaking of cameos, I think Drek had a couple of mentions and cameos in the series. This might contain some spoilers from other games…

- His name was mentioned in both Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal.
- There was a quick flashback of him with Qwark in Up Your Arsenal when Qwark was getting his memories back.
- A cutscene of Drek from R&C1 appeared in Tools of Destruction when Ratchet was asking questions to the IRIS computer
- I believe there was a image of Drek in the skies of the Dream World place in Size Matters.

So yeah, he had more cameos than other villains. Not a lot like Nefarious though, but quite a few.

And even if he's dead (some people say that he isn't, but how can survive a death like that!?!), I find him to be one of the best villains out there.

Deleted user

Yeah most people werent online when the topic was made, in fact, it was made when I went to bed lol

But yeah I do agree though that Drek was one of the better villains of the R&C series… heck, even used him in my fiction (no, I didnt bring him back to life. I just got him more involved with another characters past to make more use of his character)

And also, I was surprised to know that he had the same voice actor as one of my favourite characters from the Crash series emoji (from years back) and I like his dark humour too, it adds a lot to his character and I actually thought he was way harder than Nefarious in R&C3 (I didnt think he was that hard, even in normal mode) but Drek… he takes long to defeat, without the RYNO of course.

Deleted user

Sorry, guys. I should've just put edit on my first post. Anyway, indeed, Tara, Drek has gotta be the hardest final boss of the series, but in my opinion, Dr. Nefarious from RC3 was also extremely hard. That's why I'm saying it's debatable. I know, Tipsy, about the other flashbacks, I mean since some people are starting to miss Drek, we could have another flashback of him.

Deleted user

My only question is what would be the point of having Drek in another cameo or mention?

Drek is dead and I've seen people on the Insomniac Forums having theories that he isn't. Now don't get me wrong, Drek is an awesome R&C villain, but once a villain is dead, they stay completely dead, unless if Insomniac surprises us with a twist. And besides, if he was still alive, do you really want another villain that would hog it's fame and glory like Nefarious? We already have Dr. Nefarious doing that, we don't need another.

Like I always say, less is more! :oui:

Deleted user

Yeah I've noticed a lot of noobs in the Insomniac forums kept coming up with theories on how he survived or that he should come back without a good reason emoji it's kinda funny. But I'm sure Insomniac wouldnt bring him back for no reason, like what happened with Ripto in the Spyro series, etc.

But yeah I still like Drek too, and I dont mind if he gets a cameo or mention again, as long as it fits in with the story, game and stuff… then it's no problem :P

Deleted user
My only question is what would be the point of having Drek in another cameo or mention?

Drek is dead and I've seen people on the Insomniac Forums having theories that he isn't. Now don't get me wrong, Drek is an awesome R&C villain, but once a villain is dead, they stay completely dead, unless if Insomniac surprises us with a twist. And besides, if he was still alive, do you really want another villain that would hog it's fame and glory like Nefarious? We already have Dr. Nefarious doing that, we don't need another.

Like I always say, less is more! :oui:

Tipsy, I know Drek is dead. I didn't say he wasn't. I'm just suggesting it'd be a good idea to put him in another flashback or mention again so we fans of him can hear from him again. I mean, if was alive, I wouldn't mind another villain returning, I have nothing against villains returning.

I agree, Tara, I've seen alot of noobs come up with Drek returning stuff. Honestly, though, we SAW him get hit by that lazer in the spot crashed in, and that might've killed him itself. So, I don't agree with them. I'm sure IG wouldn't bring him back for no reason, Ripto was brought back by another company, and they didn't even explain how he survived.

Deleted user

Well I would agree with Tara that having another cameo with Drek wouldn't hurt as long as he has something to do with the story or a past moment.

It's alright that you don't mind having another villain to return, but some would rather have new villains come into the story unless if previous villains weren't blown into smithereens or weren't crushed to death like Nefarious did for instance.

Drek was a good villain indeed. I don't think he'll be returning from the dead anytime soon (like they do in soap operas), but I have to say, he was a really challenging boss. I like using the RYNO to end it quickly though emoji Nefarious isn't dead, so I wouldn't be surprised if Drek was still alive, although they would have to come up with a really good excuse other than "He was teleported off the planet before it was vaporized."

Deleted user

I really cant see any good reason for him to have survived to be honest, it'll be like Ripto coming back (he died in a pool of lava but came back unchanged without any reason)

But I do still like Drek, and to be honest… I havent ever tried fighting him with the RYNO emoji (I got the RYNO on the 2nd playthrough…emoji

Deleted user
Nefarious isn't dead, so I wouldn't be surprised if Drek was still alive, although they would have to come up with a really good excuse other than "He was teleported off the planet before it was vaporized."

Well with Nefarious he had supporters that would have someone on his side, like Lawrence for example (and probably the best and only example to use). Sure, he pushes others around, but not in an extreme way that would not only get the innocent ones get screwed over, but the bad ones too.

Drek had supporters, but perhaps being way too bossy to your employees and betraying your own kind for money would definitely not help him one bit. If he didn't mess around with his own kind for greedy purposes, he probably would of found a way to get off that deserted planet before it got exploded. But, since he broke this rule and wanted to be selfish in the end, he caused his life to go Ka-Boom!

But I do still like Drek, and to be honest… I havent ever tried fighting him with the RYNO emoji (I got the RYNO on the 2nd playthrough…emoji

Same here. I would have to go to the pause menu to choose a weapon to fight Drek because if I take the shortcut menu, I would get killed very easily. emoji

Deleted user
Well I would agree with Tara that having another cameo with Drek wouldn't hurt as long as he has something to do with the story or a past moment.

It's alright that you don't mind having another villain to return, but some would rather have new villains come into the story unless if previous villains weren't blown into smithereens or weren't crushed to death like Nefarious did for instance.

I want new villains to come into the story as well, I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind having other villains return (Just as long as their not dead). There are indeed a couple of villains that are alive:

Thug Leader
Klunk
Courtney Gears
Ace Hardlight (He did survive as a villain, but I want him to return as a hero!)
Otto Destruct (He has a monkey mind, though, but he could still appear in a cameo with Scrunch. That'd be cool)
Rusty Pete and Slag (They already returned, but they could still be heard on Pirate Radio!)
Dr. Nefarious and Lawrence (These guys are like the main antagonists, so they can return when ever they want)

And one more that is presumed dead in my opinion, Tachyon (Uuuhhh, no. He was sucked into a portal that was opened by the Dimensionator. He did not get smashed or anything. It did look that way at first, but that was merely the sound of the asteroid platform Ratchet and Clank were standing on breaking into more pieces. Tachyon didn't hit anything on his way down.)

And yeah, Dr. Nefarious had many supporers that, mainly Lawrence always being the guy to save his behind. He does treat Lawrence like crap compared to other butlers, but at least he pays him and gives him time off (IE when Lawrence is playing in his band). Same with his other minions.

Drek, on the other hand, basically beat up, if not killed, his minions if they even disagreed with what he was doing. The Blarg didn't know about Drek's plan.

Tara, I agree, It'd be like Ripto all over again. But IG are smarter than that company that brought him back. I've beaten Drek with the RYNO, but I don't like to, cause it makes him too easy.

Deleted user

yeah I pretty much agree there. And there are quite a lot of other villains who can still return, but dont have to return as a villain or main antagonist emoji (like Otto, Rusty Pete, Ace, etc… though I do hope Ace doesnt come back as a villain again, he can do better)

And well yeah, it's possible that Tachyon could have survived, unlike the way Drek was defeated. Though I think right now Tachyon is very bored in some random dimension emoji

And yeah I havent fought Drek with the RYNO before, since on the 2nd playthrough I focused on getting skillpoints and trying not to use too much bolts so I can get all the gold weaopons XD

Drek Very Very Cool Villan….. My Theroy of his death is rped on a metoer and like 3 hours it crashes into Orxon and he dies Lack of Oxygen…… Just a theroy from my Fan Fic emoji