Thread: All 4 One Reviews Topic

Deleted user

Hi guys emoji

Well since there are already a few game reviews out there as it seems (in Japan, especially) this will be the topic where you can discuss them. But please, MARK ALL SPOILERS WITH SPOILER TAGS please :oui:

Thank you emoji and post away!

Deleted user

My review may take ages to post up when I got to do a lot of paper work for college at the moment. Heck, it may even be posted next year of summer when I have some extra spare time on my hands.

Deleted user

Bumping this thread up with links to A40 reviews:

- Gametrailers.com

- Gamespot.com

So far the ratings I've seen for A4O have been B averages. It isn't bad at all, but not as higher as some of their other games got scored in the past.

Then again, many reviewers are mostly biased to throw out their opinion on the source media they're searching upon that is base on their taste. This game will not appeal everyone, but will for some.

Not sure if this counts as a review since I have yet to beat the game, but I figured I may as well share what I think.

Pros:
Absolutely gorgeous cutscene graphics. I'm still stunned by them.
Its still pretty much the same Ratchet and Clank we know and love. Not too much has changed.
Multiplayer is a lot of fun and I can finally play R&C with one of my good friends who lives two states away.
The teamwork elements are great!
The weapons and gadgets are amazing too.

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but the fact that Cronk and Zephyr have a rather large part in this game.

The dialogue between the characters. Amazing as it always is.

Cons:
The weapons select. I cannot get the hang of that thing.
The different controls.
Super long levels (its actually both good and bad. It can get a little monotonous.)

That's all I can think of right now. If I had to rate the game though, I'd give it a 9.5/10
It seems that this thread is mostly for "official" reviews, but I thought I'd try rating it. emoji

Deleted user
It seems that this thread is mostly for "official" reviews, but I thought I'd try rating it. emoji

It doesn't matter if they are professional game reviews or reviews from members on this site. What matters most is that you don't reveal any spoilers in this thread. emoji

Speaking of reviews, here's IGN's review of A4O, which will actually surprise some people.

Of what I've played of A4O so far, I have a few comments about some of the mechanics. The weapons and gadgets are all good in design and functionality, and there are collectables to make things interesting. The new controller layout might take some getting used to, but once you do, it is mostly infallible. The AI Clank in offline single-player mode is fairly competent, though there is the odd time where he gets stuck or something. I'd have to agree with one of the other reviews that the fixed camera and linear environments stunts the free-roaming experience the series usually offers. I didn't find anything hilarious in any way, though that may just be because of my desensitisation.

I give it a fair score of around 6.5 to 7 out of 10.

I just complete it in 2 days.

Pro:

It's great to have more humor in the Ratchet and Clank game's since you don't see much in the Future Saga
Graphics are beautiful
The charcters were awesome, including the one introduce in the game.
Did like the wepons they added to the game

Neutral:

Story was confusing at time, but I did enjoy it.
Gameplay was OK, still has glithes
Wepon choice screen took a while to get the hang of

The puzzle for the RYNO part was fun/easy, though finding them was the hard part

The ending with Nefarious looking at the photograph was a bit confusing, though kinda sad

Con:
Camera issue
If your playing Offline mode and your the only player, enemies will swarm you until your good as dead
Really long levels, didn't known where it will ends
Gimicks on defeating the bosses

Those eletric slug that can only be kill if you knock them off the area

The Bosses lifebar gose down really slowly, even if you have your weapons upgrade to the max

Overall:

Not my favorite of the Ratchet & Clank game (A Crack in Time still my #1), but I did enjoy playing and have a good laugh with the cutscenes.

Though I hope…

That they keep Neferious as a bad guy. I don't want him to become another Eggman

I give it a 6.5-7/10

i loved the camera view and i loved the cutscenes and the lvls always came together my review 9.5/10 emoji

Deleted user

I wrote my review on A4O at metacritics.com. I gave this game an 8 at first, but then I decided to give a game a 7 instead. I'm sure once I replay this game again with my friends this week, I'm probably going to give it an 8 again.

http://www.metacritic.com/user/TipsyMcBee?page=1