Thread: "Cursed" by A4O?

People are hating A4O because of many reasons. I have never found any of these reasons making me hate it too. For me it was just a fun game. But after two years I realized the really bad thing about the game - it's hurting the next R&C titles… in two ways. First, after A4O all people are negative for any new Ratchet game (my first reaction about FFA was a long "Noooo"emoji. They keep saying that "it's a downgrade and it will never reach the level of old ones. So they don't buy any new games and by doing so they make the duo's future even more unsure. Second, FFA and (for the looks of iht) ITN kept A4O's style that doesn't fit the "classic adventure" and make the haters hate it from the beggining. In FFA it also kept many flaws of A4O, like the too high double jump or "flying" crates. I really hope that (despite the A4O's style) Insomniacs fixed all these in ITN. What do you think.

I think A4O deserves treatement more like spin-off, it doesn't keep the series the way they were from the first game (Deadlocked is pretty much the same, but at least quite good).

It is everything revamped. I hated how some things like the trasmorphing weapon were OP, or that 'Skill points' were mostly just poits you'll reach through playthroughs (and groups of three :maladeemoji. AND they were revealed, again!

Aaaand I pretty much agree on your curse. I had mixed feelings of FFA in the first place. Then my cousin came around and we played together. And I started to like the game. Then I started to play multiplayer and BOOM! The series got good again.

I have a feeling that the planet in ITN ("Yerek", I think) looks awfully lot like Magnus. I'm afraid it will look a little like A4O, but the trailer keeps proving me wrong. I think I'll just have to hibernate until it's out.

Newcomers that started with either A4O or QForce (I know some) are indeed doomed by the idea that that is what Ratchet & Clank is. I played A4O right after finishing the beloved Future Saga. I liked it, but I didn't love it like the other games.

People might not want to continue the Ratchet franchise because of A4O and QForce. But I, and each of the real fans, will.

i wouldnt say cursed but i would say doubted because ever since A4O Ratchet and Clank has been down hill. If Into The Nexus is good Ratchet and Clank wouldnt be Doubted.

I dont think it was just A4O that has caused the fans to doubt IG and R&C.

A4O is what started it, but then there were many people disappointed with FFA, then people complaining about the change from Overstrike to Fuse, and then IG making an Xbox One exclusive :P

I didnt have a problem with any of those things (ok so maybe ive been a little letdown with them recently)
but i would never stop supporting them, we already know IG have the talent, it wont be long before it shows itself again and wins back all those doubters emoji

Deleted user
I dont think it was just A4O that has caused the fans to doubt IG and R&C.

A4O is what started it, but then there were many people disappointed with FFA, then people complaining about the change from Overstrike to Fuse, and then IG making an Xbox One exclusive :P

I didnt have a problem with any of those things (ok so maybe ive been a little letdown with them recently)
but i would never stop supporting them, we already know IG have the talent, it wont be long before it shows itself again and wins back all those doubters emoji

Same here! If I ever had to trust a company to make bright and creative games about interesting and unlikely heroes( Short, purple dragons, desert cat people), it would be Insomniac! Besides, every company has it's moment of less than stellar titles.

Yup! I didn't hate A4O or QForce. But they just weren't like the standard and expected quality from IG. Usually I have a weakspot for the 'spin-off-ish' games. Overstrike to Fuse… the only thing that let me down was the artsyle. But they seem to re-use it for Sunset Overdrive. Which I can't play because its on Xbox1.

As awesome as IG is, they indeed had a short break of being it.

I am a little worried that Ratchet and Clank is starting to die if you compare to the series's PS2 day's Ratchet and Clank was huge. I really hope that Insomniac make a new saga on the PS4 and that Ratchet and Clank will live on unless that happens I really can't see the series going anywhere.