Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

Orvus MIGHT have. "He was always: XJ-0461 this, and XJ-0461 that!"

I'd go with the latter. B52791 is a serial number, while XJ-0461 is a name.

Isn't there a chance XJ-0461 is a serial number too?
I mean, not even Orvus would name his son XJ-0461.

Well then what do you propose Orvus named Clank? We know "Clank" was thought up entirely by Ratchet, and apart from the one time Orvus gives in to calling him Clank, he only ever refers to him as "XJ-0461", so if XJ-0461 wasn't what Orvus named Clank, what do you think his "name" was?

Well then what do you propose Orvus named Clank? We know "Clank" was thought up entirely by Ratchet, and apart from the one time Orvus gives in to calling him Clank, he only ever refers to him as "XJ-0461", so if XJ-0461 wasn't what Orvus named Clank, what do you think his "name" was?

Maybe Orvus was really willing to name his son XJ-0461 because the only Zoni part of him was his soul. So maybe he was like "Okay, my robotic wife, you are welcome to give a name to our son".

XJ-0461 probably stands for something though. Something in Fixman's head. Like R2D2 and C3PO.

XJ-0461 probably stands for something though. Something in Fixman's head. Like R2D2 and C3PO.

X-type Junior-0461?

Orvus MIGHT have. "He was always: XJ-0461 this, and XJ-0461 that!"

Wow. emoji

I never realized that, but Orvus is awful at giving names. Even Sigmund's actually called Sigma 0426A. Though he wasn't named by Orvus, after he was nominated junior Tarecaker, he could've at least change his name to.. i dunno.. Robert..

Orvus keeps referring to Clank as his "Son". Wouldn't he name his son something else? Maybe something like

After rethinking, i better don't give him a new name. I'm not too fond of feeling the rage of an entire online community..
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't they already confirm that at some point?

Someone put him in the cast on imdb, but there was no official word. And considering all the fake informations that often lie on imdb before the movie/game releases, I wouldn't call it really reliable source.

Maybe he doesn't have one.
I mean, with so many "sons" Orvus is bound to run out at some point.

My son's name is XJ-0461, but the universe knows him as Clank.

I think "XJ-0461" is his real name… Or he doesn't have one, and Orvus just uses the serial number. Note that he only calls him "my son" and XJ-0461.

"….his name is XJ-0461, bu the universe knows him as Clank"

Maybe he used his serial number as his name?
After all Orvus isn't named OV-3905.

Maybe he used his serial number as his name?
After all Orvus isn't named OV-3905.

Probably that, he just said it's his name because that's how he's calling him. Which kinda makes it his name…

Just noticed your signature… I see you really like this name for Nethers.

Just noticed your signature… I see you really like this name for Nethers.

Yes.

"….his name is XJ-0461, bu the universe knows him as Clank"

I don't think so ACiT expert emoji
http://youtu.be/GcYBxZ1X1Fw?t=28s

Close enoughemoji
Though my point was he says 'name'. My son's name. So I think it was actually the name he gave him.