Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

Deleted user

I liked this trailer WAY more than I did the E3 2014 trailer

Also, any idea of what the song that plays near the end called?
I think I've heard it before, but I forgot the name.

Also Nam, you're practically right!

Deleted user

Are you talking about the song that plays during the action montage?

Here's another thing:

We get some brief glimpses of what looks like the ACiT Nefarious boss fight. You can see some dark energy that he shoots and Ratchet moving around some circular structure. It may not be related but at this point it just reminds me of the fight a lot.
Here's another thing:

We get some brief glimpses of what looks like the ACiT Nefarious boss fight. You can see some dark energy that he shoots and Ratchet moving around some circular structure. It may not be related but at this point it just reminds me of the fight a lot.

I don't think that is dark energy but rather the Alpha Cannon.

Yeah. The one near the end of the newer trailer.

Do you mean this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szj59j0hz_4

Yeah, super mainstream. I used to dislike it, now I love it!

I'm suprised nobody brought up the Cronk clones issue yet…

User image

When you're too lazy to recreate Rangers in HD just turn them into a Cronk army…

At the beginning of the trailer, at 0.17, when the narrator says "In another world…", they show a blue planet that looks very similar to Earth. And right afterwards they cut directly to Ratchet's garage. Is that supposed to be Veldin? Why would an arid planet have green land?

User image

User image
Why? emoji

It looks more like Kerwan… Maybe there was no good shot of Veldin from space, so they picked Kerwan.

It looks more like Kerwan… Maybe there was no good shot of Veldin from space, so they picked Kerwan.

I think that IS veldin. Look how there's no stars…Veldin is on the edge of the galaxy, and it makes sense they would change the design.

One thing I didn't see coming (that I kinda predicted) was the Starship Phoenix II in the movie. It looks like they skinned it blue and orange though. Even the interior is the same! I gues FFA wasn't completely useless…

Deleted user
At the beginning of the trailer, at 0.17, when the narrator says "In another world…", they show a blue planet that looks very similar to Earth. And right afterwards they cut directly to Ratchet's garage. Is that supposed to be Veldin? Why would an arid planet have green land?

User image

User image
Why? emoji

Maybe that could be Novalis?

I'm guessing Kerwan too. Or maybe they stereotyped Veldin.

I'm okay with the idea of Cronk army though, he IS a warbot after all.

I'm suprised nobody brought up the Cronk clones issue yet…

User image

When you're too lazy to recreate Rangers in HD just turn them into a Cronk army…

They're probably just throwing fans a bone and giving small and irrelevant characters a little cameo in the movie.

Also, something that I haven't really thought about much until they pointed it out in this trailer. how will the writers address the obvious elephant in the room? Or should I say lombax in the room? In the first game, it was just kind of assumed that lombaxes were one of the many strange species living on Veldin, but that's obviously not the case anymore, so I'm curious as to how they'll tackle the issue of no one really caring that a lombax is just walking around without a care in the world… erm… a care in the universe.