Thread: What got you into R&C?

Deleted user

I dont think there's a topic like this around here so… thought I'd make one =D

Well, I first got into Ratchet and Clank about 5-6 years ago, during 2004. I wanted to try it out, because friends said it was a good platformer and I was into platformers (and I was a big Crash fan at the time) so I rented the first one and was blown away emoji loved the characters, crazy story and gameplay. Ratchet may have been a jerk but once I got to try the next 2, I started to like him a lot more and then I became a fan and bought the first 3, didn't get Gladiator until later on though.

And now I own almost all the games, except Size Matters, Crack in time and Quest for booty (is getting CiT soon). I actually feel like an even bigger fan in recent times, mainly thanks to the awesomeness that is Crack in Time emoji

The weird thing is, is that I never actually drew any fanart for it at all back in those years, even though I liked the series a lot. I only just started near the end of last year, oddly enough.

Intresting topic emoji

I remember when I got my first PS2 alone with the first demo disc for it in 2004 when I first tried out the console and the disc I noticed a playable demo of the first ratchet and clank when I tried it out I thought it was ok and thought I might get it (which I didn't at first because I thought it might be as good as I thought it would be and it could be rubbish)
But then later on (I don't know which year that was) is when I got my first full game of the ratchet and clank games is the UYA and I loved it it's funny and fun all at once and later on (after I got my PS3) I got my second ratchet and clank game ToD and I loved that one too and after that I got the guest for booty which it's ok and funny but it was short and easy for me to beat even in hard mode.
But while I was waiting for ACiT I decide to go to the store and got the PSP games of ratchet and clank SM and Secret Agent Clank I nearly beat SM (not 100%) and I'm stuck on the bolt factory in Secret Agent Clank and then afterwards ACiT came out (I wanted to get the collecters edition at first but I was ill go to at the time and sis got me the normal version) as I played it I was truly thrilled about it I loved some of the new characters in the game and some I felt sorry for and then after I got my first platinum trophy from ACiT I choose to order the first two of ratchet and clank games for the PS2.
The only ratchet and clank game I'm missing from my collection is the deadlock one (not to sure if I want it though)

Well I got a PS3 because I wanted to expand my gaming (due to my course) and I wanted to play sone PS3 exclusive titles like Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet. The day I bought Little Big Planet there was a sale in the game store (Buy one, get one free) and while searching for my free game I spotted R&C TOD and thought, "I remember seeing this on an ad a few years ago, I'll get this, might be good". little did I know how good it was. Once I finished it, I went straight to insomniacs website to check when the next one was coming out (as TOD was a cliffhanger) and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that ACIT was already out. Then I went to the nearest Game store to buy it and they had loads of them, all over the shelves, and I never noticed them before (Its amazing actually how you don't notice what your not looking for). I then bought QFB, bought a PS2 and found (after a lot of searching) R&C 1, GC, UYA, and Gladiator..i mean Deadlocked (If your American). I dont know if i'll bother getting size matters or secret agent clank tho. I still hold R&C in my favorite games list to this day, along with Half-Life 2, Portal, and Oblivion

I'm kinda glad I got into R&C late coz i got to experience the whole series without having to wait years for them all to come out. (unlike Half-Life 2 (damn VALVe for delaying so long on Episode 3, instead they're busy making portal 2) lol)

I want to draw some fan art but I don't know what to do it on. (god knows i drew plenty of Half-Life 2 Fan art back in the day, lol) emoji

and finnaly, CuteSigma, get deadlocked, its actually pretty good, I sat down to play it after beating UYA, and 6 hours later I had to stand up again because i'd finished it. my power gaming at its best, lol. emoji

I always knew what it was, but I never thought it was any good. Then my friend's were performing sacifires and rituals for the series (just kiddin'emoji they loved it, so got it on Dec 31 2009. I wish that I had ventured into it yeras and years ago, but you can't change the past. Or can you…..

Well I got a PS3 because I wanted to expand my gaming (due to my course) and I wanted to play sone PS3 exclusive titles like Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet. The day I bought Little Big Planet there was a sale in the game store (Buy one, get one free) and while searching for my free game I spotted R&C TOD and thought, "I remember seeing this on an ad a few years ago, I'll get this, might be good". little did I know how good it was. Once I finished it, I went straight to insomniacs website to check when the next one was coming out (as TOD was a cliffhanger) and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that ACIT was already out. Then I went to the nearest Game store to buy it and they had loads of them, all over the shelves, and I never noticed them before (Its amazing actually how you don't notice what your not looking for). I then bought QFB, bought a PS2 and found (after a lot of searching) R&C 1, GC, UYA, and Gladiator..i mean Deadlocked (If your American). I dont know if i'll bother getting size matters or secret agent clank tho. I still hold R&C in my favorite games list to this day, along with Half-Life 2, Portal, and Oblivion

I'm kinda glad I got into R&C late coz i got to experience the whole series without having to wait years for them all to come out. (unlike Half-Life 2 (damn VALVe for delaying so long on Episode 3, instead they're busy making portal 2) lol)

I want to draw some fan art but I don't know what to do it on. (god knows i drew plenty of Half-Life 2 Fan art back in the day, lol) emoji

and finnaly, CuteSigma, get deadlocked, its actually pretty good, I sat down to play it after beating UYA, and 6 hours later I had to stand up again because i'd finished it. my power gaming at its best, lol. emoji

I wish with all my heart I got into R&C a few years back. I never stop thinking about them now. Never. Who knows when the next one will be out? 2011? 2012? 2013?

Deleted user

I got into the series back in 2007. I think it was either watching Tools of Destruction cutscenes online or playing a bit of the first Ratchet and Clank with my younger cousin is what got me into the series (I don't entirely remember). Then I started to buy the first 3 games for the PS2 afterward. When I got a PS3, I bought TOD and ACIT. I wouldn't mind getting Q4B, but I have bad wireless internet connection with my PS3.

I have heard about the series when it first came out and I was entertained by the hilarious Ratchet and Clank commercials at the time, but I guess I wasn't really into the franchise since I was more fond about Japanese Animation, Skateboarding and mediocre music during high school.

I got into the series back in 2007. I think it was either watching Tools of Destruction cutscenes online or playing a bit of the first Ratchet and Clank with my younger cousin is what got me into the series (I don't entirely remember). Then I started to buy the first 3 games for the PS2 afterward. When I got a PS3, I bought TOD and ACIT. I wouldn't mind getting Q4B, but I have bad wireless internet connection with my PS3.

I have heard about the series when it first came out and I was entertained by the hilarious Ratchet and Clank commercials at the time, but I guess I wasn't really into the franchise since I was more fond about Japanese Animation, Skateboarding and mediocre music during high school.

My advice is that if you always try something popular out. (as long as it's not Left 4 Dead 2!) I tried the Ratchet series out. Loved it. I'm Lombax high now.

I'm Lombax high now.

lombax just like drugs they get you high emoji joke

I'm Lombax high now.

I like anything to do with Lombaxes. Anything. *thinks of Ratchet being kidnapped and taken to DeadZone station being tied up* oh wait. . .

to Revan: oh lol nice

to FinalFantasyFan: emoji

I'm Lombax high now.

I like anything to do with Lombaxes. Anything. *thinks of Ratchet being kidnapped and taken to DeadZone station being tied up* oh wait. . .

I really wouldn't mind going through that as well. As long as Ratchet was with me!

Wait…what? Are you referring to your Fan-fic, or something….else, involving a tied up ratchet ? emoji

Wait…what? Are you referring to your Fan-fic, or something….else, involving a tied up ratchet ? emoji

Doesn't he get tied up in Deadlocked? Or just tied to a chair? Same thing, really.

Deleted user

Lmfao!

Well he just got kidnapped by the DZ guards, with Clank and Big Al. I dunno if he gets tied up but I think he got knocked out, since he wakes up later with that new armor and complains about his tail being shoved right up his…