Thread: The First Violent Game You Have Ever Played

Deleted user

For those who are into games, there would had to be at least one game that you've played that was violent or an M-rated title. Which was the first game you've ever played that contains themes not suitable for all ages?

For members who are underage that plays games like these, then I am not too sure of what to say there… Even though, I cannot be a hypocrite of that statement there since I had played a couple of games that weren't my age WAY back when I was under 14. Only a couple just because I was more into charming 2D platforming titles than the violent games.

I think my first violent game would was Mortal Kombat on SegaGenesis at the age of 8. I never owned the game or the system though, so I would play the game over at an old's friends house back then.

Deleted user

For me, I have to say Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64, even it is a Teen rated game, that was the first violent game that I have played, I think I was 6 when I first played it.

my goodness it has been WAY too long for me to remeber this one emoji

Deleted user

first game i everplayed was conkers bad fur day at age 4. :P

my goodness it has been WAY too long for me to remeber this one emoji

So say we all emoji

I was never all that into violent games, I remember … just, playing Street Fighter 2 on the SNES and being rubbish at it so never really bothered with games like that. The first "mature" game I actually bought was Perfect Dark on the N64 which was rated 18 by the BBFC in this country, but I wasn't far short of 18 at the time so I don't think that counts, lol.

me,destroy all humans!thats my 1st.

Deleted user

emoji Wow… that is WAY too young. My only question is, were you ever caught by your parents from playing a game like this?

Just curious to know that's all.

Deleted user

emoji Wow… that is WAY too young. My only question is, were you ever caught by your parents from playing a game like this?

Just curious to know that's all.

actually- my mom was the one that introduced me to it! she use to say teh blood was ketsup, and we use to play the old war levels, and id be a squirrel that would shoot other squirrels, and shed be a teddiz that would shoot squirrels. when theyd shout "ENEMY SPY!" i would just take out a grenade and SPLAT! id use teh samurai sword most often and we'd make the squirrels like, 60 to 20 teddiz, since id be blowing em' up. emoji

i was and am a morbid child.

Halo: CE

My parents knew I could handle gore and the like no problem, seeing as scary movies aren't much to me.

User image

Apocalypse for the Ps1, loved the soundtrack , favorite weapon was the flame thrower,enjoyed watching the enemies dance aflame and the little sound clips from Bruce Willis although repetitive were fun to listen to.

No One Lives Forever 2. I feel bad I never finished it, being it was an awesome game. Fun gameplay, good story and a good sense of humor. Sadly, if I was to replay it, I don't think it would work on my computer being the game is old.

Deleted user
So say we all emoji

I was never all that into violent games, I remember … just, playing Street Fighter 2 on the SNES and being rubbish at it so never really bothered with games like that. The first "mature" game I actually bought was Perfect Dark on the N64 which was rated 18 by the BBFC in this country, but I wasn't far short of 18 at the time so I don't think that counts, lol.

what age were you at when you bought Perfect Dark?
If you were 17, then maybe I wouldn't consider that to be young since M-rated games in Canada and the States are like 17 and over.

Perfect Dark was also my first M-rated console game too. Then I started to buy other M-rated games like God of War and Twisted Metal Black.

Although I had another M-rated game before Perfect Dark, but it was on the PC. I never knew I had Duke Nukem installed on my computer and I was around 11 or 12 when I first played it. First time I saw pixelated nudity in a game. emoji

My first was Unreal Tournament II, i loved that game, buut i pefer RPG's ALOT more now tough emoji

what age were you at when you bought Perfect Dark?
If you were 17, then maybe I wouldn't consider that to be young since M-rated games in Canada and the States are like 17 and over.

Perfect Dark was also my first M-rated console game too. Then I started to buy other M-rated games like God of War and Twisted Metal Black.

Although I had another M-rated game before Perfect Dark, but it was on the PC. I never knew I had Duke Nukem installed on my computer and I was around 11 or 12 when I first played it. First time I saw pixelated nudity in a game. emoji

I was 16 or 17 I can't really remember, lol.

We two different rating systems in the UK, the most used one is the PEGI system which is more like the US rating system, some games however are rated by the BBFC (the same folks who rate movies over here) the main difference between the two is that while PEGI is only a guideline, BBFC is legally enforced - this means that if anyone is caught selling a game to someone under that age they can be seriously prosecuted!

Pefrect Dark, was an 18 rated game (which is the highest BBFC rating) but I got someone else to buy it for me, hehe.

Since then though I've bought tons of "mature" games, looking down my game shelf most of them have 15s or 18s on them.

Oh and I have Duke Nukem on my iPad now! emoji

ok I think I start to remember a little I might be wrong about this but I think before I was a teenager my first game was this

User image
it came with my first and OLD PS1