Thread: The Star Wars Thread

How can you not love this?!

User image

Well, I'm pretty sure that part wasn't in the movie…at least not like that.

Just watched the Sabine Darksaber episode–warning, it's packed with father/daughter feelz! emoji

How can you not love this?!

User image

Well, I'm pretty sure that part wasn't in the movie…at least not like that.

Just watched the Sabine Darksaber episode–warning, it's packed with father/daughter feelz! emoji

Correct. The part where Cassian watches her is cut out of the GIF and an explosion from earlier was added. Think it was captured from a trailer or something. emoji

And cool! Looking forward to watching it. ^^

Also, after that Rebels episode, the show goes on a 3-week hiatus before returning to Mandalore. A 3-week hiatus can mean only one thing: SW episode 8 teaser? emoji

Again? emoji
As for a teaser… already? Rogue One isn't even cold yet! Not that I'm against it emoji

Again? emoji
As for a teaser… already? Rogue One isn't even cold yet! Not that I'm against it emoji

I don't know–Ep 7 had a teaser 1 year before the movie came out–Ep 8 has nothing yet, and it'll be out in 10 months!

But Force Awakens was like the first one. I think it won't be earlier than May, but hey, I'd love to be wrong!

Rebels recon was good today–they even posted a semi-new clip for next, next, next week's episode.

In other news, a new Thrawn novel. A new-new Thrawn novel! It better have Mara Jade emoji

User image

Oh, I heard about before he even came to Rebels. I think it's an origin story as to how Thrawn rose to power in the empire's ranks…so, it may be a prequel.

Watched the new episode. Which, again, made it's way to Facebook. Awesome.
I've been waiting for this episode since the first Mandalorian oriented episode from season 1. Sabine's family history revealed at last! Definitely one of the my favorite episodes in the series so far. I wonder what's next! And I may or may not have shed a tear at the end. emoji

This was seriously wicked!
User image

And as for The Mandalorian Wars… was there a Clone Wars episode about that or was Kanan talking about THE Mandalorian Wars from Knights of the Old Republic? Cause that would be sweeeet!

I only learned about the Thrawn novel when they revealed the cover art. I'm glad Zahn is still able to expand on his character, even though this one will belong to the Disney Canon. I'm currently reading the Hand of Thrawn Duology, which has an interesting story too. I think I'm going to read The New Jedi Order series after finishing it. Then Legacy of the Force. And probably some miscellaneous after that.

According to Dave Filoni, he is referring to KOTOR, which has events that are now canon. BUT he is also referring to the "lost episodes of the clone wars."
User image
Before Disney cancelled the clone wars, there was going to be an episode where Ahsoka, Rex, Bo-Katan, and Death Watch team up with the Clone Army to overthrow Maul's rule on Mandalore.
User image
The episode would end with Ahsoka defeating Maul, before he escapes, and Mandalore joining the republic. While this was happening, Anakin and Obi-Wan were dueling each other on Mustafar. Order 66 happened, and Ahsoka and Rex had to flee from their own soldiers. Mandalore got handed over to the empire, and the war was lost.
User image
As mentioned in the Rebels, Rex and Ahsoka last met since then. Dave Filoni said that the very last scene of the Clone Wars would have Ahsoka trying to reach out through the force to see if Anakin was still alive, only to hear the heavy breathing of Darth Vader.

Rebels Recon goes further into the Sabine/Kanan episode.

Ah, I see. Cool though! KotOR are some of my favorite stories in the Star Wars universe, cool to see they will have an impact in the Disney canon as well. Actually… I think Old Republic (The MMO) is the only ongoing Legends series since Disney took over, isn't it?

And I watched the Recon as you mentioned, very cool! Also nice to know that thr Darksaber plot will continue immediately.

I also watched A New Hope just now. First time since seeing Rogue One (and the passing of Fisher). Wow, that movie will never be the same again! It now has this slightly darker edge to it, due to Rogue One. You definitely watch with different eyesemoji

You were right! There is Episode 8 news. The name of the movie will be….

User image

I saw. I'm worried that Luke will die and Rey will be titled "The Last Jedi."

Deleted user

If luke dies. I'll be sad.

I think Luke is the Last Jedi and that he'll have somewhat of a big role in the movie. Rey's mentor?

User image