Thread: The Star Wars Thread

It could be:
1. Luke dies and Rey becomes the chosen one
2. Rey joins the dark side and it's up to Luke to finish the job

Let's just hope it's not the original trilogy's formula being recycled.

Nah, I don't think Luke will go Dark Side. He did in the Expanded Universe (and then turned again), but they wouldn't recycle that… would they?

This is also very interesting:

User image

Still, how come did Rey and Luke become the last Jedis, again? I mean, there must be at least hundreds of new Jedis throughout the galaxy after the Empire's fall. Besides, the First Order only dominated a sector of the galaxy and not the majority of it. They're still unlikely to go full Order 66 and nuke the whole galaxy. Oh, and after the Empire's fall, most of their territories were under the New Republic's rule, right?

Kylo Ren, who was Luke's apprentice, got deceived by snoke and killed all the jedi in a flashback…honestly, the story just sound so re-hashed, it's not very interesting…hoping episode 8 impresses.

Kylo Ren, who was Luke's apprentice, got deceived by snoke and killed all the jedi in a flashback…honestly, the story just sound so re-hashed, it's not very interesting…hoping episode 8 impresses.

Yea, sounds like Anakin Skywalker version 2.0. Don't they even dare to kill Luke and Chewie!

Oh, and after the Empire's fall, most of their territories were under the New Republic's rule, right?

As in, in the Expanded Universe? Then yes. Most of the systems were under New Republic rule, but some planets prefered being under Imperial rule.

Oh, and after the Empire's fall, most of their territories were under the New Republic's rule, right?

As in, in the Expanded Universe? Then yes. Most of the systems were under New Republic rule, but some planets prefered being under Imperial rule.

I hope Disney goes deeper with the galaxy in Episode VIII. The only Republic territory we got to see was the Hosnian system, which got obliterated in seconds. There's no way the New Republic was just that small system along with a gang of pilots and soldiers.

Oh, there's more. There has to be.

So the new Andromeda trailer is out and, my my. Could this be Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla)?

Oh yuss! By the way, I found out that Bo-Katan is returning to Rebels, but it is unknown when.

For a second I read that as "Bor Gullet"emoji
But, em. I know the character by face, but not much more. I still can't get through the first season of Clone Wars. Maybe I should just skip ahead to the Maul-season?

Yes. Season 4-5 and 6 are the best, and are the only ones that tie into the Rebels show. There are a few Jar-Jar episodes you can skip through, but the rest are gold, and are (admittedly) way better than the Rebels show. Not that Rebels is bad or anything, but the Clone Wars becomes the most beautiful, perfect animated series of all time–it's a shame Disney cancelled it…

Also, in season 5, there's a 4-part R2 episode arc that literally dwells on the concept of NOTHING. Those episodes you can skip as well emoji

Aah, thanks! Think I'll start with 4x01 then and work from there.
I also found this new Lego Star Wars series while zapping around. The Freemakers? It looked kinda fun! I really enjoyed Droid Tales, so I think I might try the original non-dubbed version some time.emoji

Season 1 was…poor. But it had Cad Bane and Ryloth in it, so that made it better.
Season 2 was scary. Zombie worms, godzilla beasts, but the animation got better.
Season 3 was BORING. Politics, filler episodes, twi'leks dancing around Hutts in every episode. Quinlin Vos, Greedo, and Chewy actually made it into the latter part though…

…and as for the last 3 seasons of the Clone Wars…

User image

Hmm, that doesn't sound too promising.emoji

And Clone Wars… One of these days I will "find out"!