Thread: Ratchet's Voice in the game

As I said before, my voice sounds slightly silimar to Ratchet's.

I didn't really mind Ratchet's voice in the first game. Since i played this first, i didnt miss Jame's voice acting.

I thought the voice did work quite well in the game, but im glad it was changed for the rest of the games, as i prefer it emoji

Mikey Kelley was fine to me being he did deliver the Snotty, I don't give a rat's butt teenager who just wants to have fun attitude well. However, being Ratchet matured in later titles, I'm guessing Mikey wasn't able to portray that well that they had to hire a new voice actor.

I personally prefer James more, but that's because I'm use to him now, but he also does well with Ratchet's attitude now. He's now way more mature, but still wants to have fun.

But yeah, I do prefer James more and I don't think anyone could replace him (unless IG has a very good reason too, but otherwise he isn't going anywhere, same with the other big time actors/actress who voiced the characters over the years).

Deleted user

I found a short interview that James talked about concerning of him and Mikey Kelley with their roles as Ratchet. Here's the video to check it out (You might have to go fast forward to get to that part though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qD4BQe7tU

But wow, never knew these two are actually close friends in real life. emoji

to be honest i think both actors are just as good as each other, which i think keeps with Ratchet's personality.

well, for me his voice was a big surprise as i played UYA and GC before the first game. To me it didn't feel right. It fit his character but It just sounded wrong…

well, for me his voice was a big surprise as i played UYA and GC before the first game. To me it didn't feel right. It fit his character but It just sounded wrong…

same here with the games…

it does fit his personality (as previously stated)

it does make u think though. What if James did the first one as well? Would it work?

it does make u think though. What if James did the first one as well? Would it work?

i reckon it would have totally worked with james!

he would sound older though. It would feel different

yeah, good point, ratchet was a teen in the first game. (I think he was 15 i remember reading that somewhere)

yeah, good point, ratchet was a teen in the first game. (I think he was 15 i remember reading that somewhere)

in this very site!

http://en.ratchet-galaxy.com/rac-character-ratchet.php

*facepalms*
D'oh! thats right! I totally forgot!

I believe both of Ratchet's voice actors was in the movie TMNT. Oh and I prefer james as the voice for Ratchet, even though my first ratchet game was the first one.

Deleted user
I believe both of Ratchet's voice actors was in the movie TMNT.

Yes… yes they were. :oui:

I don't care about Ratchet's voice, after all;D!
I like him just the way he isemoji!